Nene's Reviews > Wishbone

Wishbone by Lauren P. Burka

liked it
bookshelves: m-m, bdsm, fantasy, interspecies, science-fiction, rent-boys

This was actually a really clever premise but unfortunately it wasn't very well executed. The relationship between Sir and Wishbone felt forced and there was no real connection between them. There is some intense BDSM scenes in this book but they serve as just that...scenes. They don't really work to develop the relationship between Sir and Wishbone. On the other hand, there are some really unique elements and plot devices used. It's an interesting combination between historical fic and sci-fi. Any story that can creatively use aliens along side kings and dukes has to get some credit!

So overall, an interesting read, but not something most m/m romance readers will enjoy due to the intense sexual elements and infidelity of the MCs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wishbone.

July 29, 2010 – Started Reading
July 29, 2010 – Shelved
July 29, 2010 –
page 1
July 29, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Deanna Apparently I gave this book 4 stars. It must have been for the originality (just like you mentioned) because I remember this book as blah.

Nene Yep, it was very original! I think the biggest problem was that the author tried to throw too much in there. I mean, you had the whole original world with the "historical aliens", then you had this BDSM relationship, then you had the mystery...it was just too much so nothing could be fully developed to its fullest potential.