Bennett Reiss's Reviews > Fires of Man

Fires of Man by Dan Levinson

bookshelves: fantasy-and-scifi

Fires of Man is engaging from start to finish. As a person who loves history, follows international relations and global news - the author, Dan Levinson does a great job in creating a world which seems to mirror a modern reality of nation states. The two major powers in the book, Calchis and Orion remind me of the US and China, or perhaps the US and Russia. While there are other nations mentioned and introduced we still do not know too much about them from the first book, but the seed has been planted which makes me look forward to the future books to learn more about the world the author has created. The characters draw you in and you yearn to know more about their past and where their POV (point of view) stories are going. The Psionic powers they employ are a unique creation by the author in which select elite can channel their Psionic ability into almost magical attacks and defenses. The Psionic powers almost mirror secret technologies in the real world which can both protect and destroy. All in all its a great book which introduces a world which I feel I enter as I read the book. I only wish I could explore more of the world Dan Levinson has created and I look forward to the future books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fires of Man.

Started Reading