Gisbelle's Reviews > The Revenge Playbook

The Revenge Playbook by Rachael  Allen

description
My thanks to HarperTeen

--------------------------------------------------------------
Point of View: Multiple (Melanie Jane, Peyton, Liv & Ana)
Writing: First Person | Present Tense
Setting: Tennessee
Genre: Young Adult | Contemporary
--------------------------------------------------------------

After reading and loving 17 First Kisses, I was extremely excited to read Rachael Allen's second book. I wasn't disappointed because oh my gosh this book was mind-blowing. It was even better than 17 First Kisses.

This book is centered around four girls, Melanie Jane, Peyton, Liv & Ana, who have formed an unlikely alliance after being mistreated by a bunch of high school football players.

After I finished reading a few chapters, it hit me how much this book reminded me of Burn for Burn (which I seriously love as well), only this book was more of a lighter, more humorous side.

Anyway, I loved the whole taking justice in your own hand kind of thing that this book had going on. It was a thrill following these girls adventures when they tried to complete the tasks on the scavenger hunt list. It was witting, hilarious, and from time to time, sweet.

The way that the author wrote flashback in between each chapter made me so engrossed in the story even more, if it was even possible. It put the spotlight on each girl equally which was perfect because sometimes I only like some of the main characters in a multiple POV book, and it wasn't the case here since I loved all four of them.

In short, I loved everything about this book. I enjoyed reading from page one until the very last paper. I cannot wait to read more book from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Revenge Playbook.

December 24, 2014 – Shelved
May 14, 2015 – Shelved as: stand-alone
May 14, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult
May 14, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult-contemporary
May 14, 2015 –
21.0% "Reminds me a lot of Burn for Burn, only a little less depressing."
48.0% "Such a fun book!"
May 14, 2015 –
67.0% "Seriously, these girls are awesome!"
May 14, 2015 – Shelved as: highly-recommended
May 14, 2015 – Finished Reading
May 15, 2015 – Shelved as: all-time-favorite

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jay (new)