Andrew's Reviews > Lego Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary [With Mini Figure]

Jul 27, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: lego, star-wars
Read in March, 2013

The Visual Dictionary is quite the volume. It's a very comprehensive listing of all the LEGO Star Wars sets and minifigures from 1999 to 2009. Being that it's now 2013, it's obviously a little out of date, but keeping when it was released in mind it's really quite fantastic.

There's lots of beautiful full-color illustrations to show off the sets, especially how much better they got over a decade. Comparing the 1999 X-Wing set to the 2006 one is just night and day. There's lots of text callouts and blurbs about Star Wars and the sets as well. Some of them are silly and others seem downright inaccurate, so I'd be careful about believing everything you read.

My favorite parts were probably the designer interview and the community showcase. The former took a behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to make the LEGO Star Wars sets and is very insightful. The latter looks at some of the awesome things fans have done with their own bricks to celebrate Star Wars. I wish there was more of both in there!

This book definitely seems targeted at kids, so if you have a little Star Wars LEGO fan in your home - pick this up for them; they'll love it! Even adult fans like myself will enjoy having it on their bookcase, though it's certainly not a must-buy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lego Star Wars.

03/01/2016 marked as: read