Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)'s Reviews > Darkness

Darkness by Ciye Cho

Dec 22, 2014

bookshelves: 2015, 2015-feb, fantasy, mermaids, favorites, review

Also posted on: The Shadow Realm

What can I say about Darkness? This book was just everything I was hoping for and more. I didn't think I could fall any more in love with this series but I was wrong. My love grew tenfold with this book. Cho continues to amaze and dazzle with his spellbinding storytelling. I am seriously in awe of the world this author has created.
So much happens in this book and I was sucked in right from page 1. When Florence learns of a terrible prophecy, she will risk everything to undercover the truth. Venturing in to the Darkness, Florry and friends encounter terrifying monsters and more, dodging death at every turn.
Like the first two books, the story is told in 1st person from Florence's POV. However we do get chapters here and there that focus on other characters. I really liked this as it helped to move the plot along and gave more insight in to what was happening in the background. As always I loved Florry. She is a brilliant character, so strong and determined. Now that Niemela is her home, she does whatever she can to save it from the Darkness. She is truly a character to admire.

I just seriously adored this book. The story-line is fantastic; full of mystery, heart-stopping action, and a sweet romance. I love the direction the author has taken with mer. It's such a unique take. I really hope I won't have to wait another 2 years for the 4th book because I NEED it!! I know there is so much more still to happen and I cannot wait to find out what will come next. I really cannot recommend this series enough. Without a doubt one of my all time favourites.

*I received an eARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness.

December 22, 2014 – Started Reading