Jillberry's Reviews > TheDream Giver by Wilkinson, Bruce ( Author ) ON Oct-01-2004, Hardback

TheDream Giver by Wilkinson, Bruce ( Author ) ON Oct-01-2004,... by Bruce H. Wilkinson

Jul 27, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: christian

The first half of this book is an allegory, while the second half is a detailed explanation, chapter by chapter, of the allegory. That format lends itself to a certain level of corniness, but all in all, it was a helpful guide in understanding the challenges (the obstacles and their corresponding opportunities for growth) that lie in the way of pursuing God's Dream for our lives. My linear brain had a hard time dealing with the fact that in real life, the steps don't necessarily match the order of the steps in the story, or that multiple steps can happen at the same time, or that steps can be revisited. But don't let my limitations dampen the review. All in all, I feel more equipped to identify and pursue God's Dream for my life, and to help others do the same.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read TheDream Giver by Wilkinson, Bruce ( Author ) ON Oct-01-2004, Hardback.