Joey's Reviews > Life, Liberty, and Pursuit

Life, Liberty, and Pursuit by Susan K. Quinn

Jul 27, 2010

bookshelves: first-reads
Recommended to Joey by: my new friend, susan
Recommended for: all of my friends

I really enjoyed this book - and the fact that I won it off of Goodreads makes it all that much better!

It has been so long since I've read a purely romance based novel. I'm usually drawn to the paranormal with lots of vampires and witches and werewolves but this book really kept my interested and invested me in the characters.

A book about first real love and how it doesn't matter if you only just met, when its right, its right! Eliza and David meet on a cruise ship - both there with family as a sort of send off to their new lives. Actually, David saves Eliza from drowning in the on deck pool, and they become instantly enamored with each other.

The development of love, and the fact that it happens so quickly shocks them both, but doesn't disway them from pursuing it, dispite their very different and separate futures. That's what this book really is all about... loving someone enough to let them go, find out who they are, and maybe, just maybe, find their way back again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life, Liberty, and Pursuit.