valee's Reviews > The Darkest Secret

The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter

2320890

bookshelves: amazing-pnr-romance

I LOVED it! I just had an amazing time reading this one. I would have added it to my favs shelf if it hadn't been for the ending, you know? one of those rushed finished-in-the-last-20-pages kind of ending. If it had been a bit longer and the solution for all the problems hadn't appear from out of nowhere, I would have enjoyed it even more. It's sad because the book had the potential to be one of the best books in the series.

What I liked the most was the connection the hero and the heroine established since the beginning: She could hear his thoughts and he could not read her secrets (not all at least). I must admit I did not have much expectations for this book because I thought Amun would be a boring hero. Since he first appeared, we never saw him do much, just reading secrets from enemies (which IMHO wasn't a big deal because the others ended up torturing them and having the same results, he could only get them faster). Well, I realized I was terribly wrong because he ended up being a terrific hero. He was super interesting, caring and much more powerful that I gave him credit for. It was great reading from His POV. I loved it when he said that while he knew he was hot, girls would still pick guys like Paris and Strider before him; and I loved this so much because the heroine preferred him since the beginning, no doubts about that. I just love when the connection between hero and heroine is so strong.

We also get to read some about Paris and a lot about Strider. And I mean, a lot, which was fine with me as I couldn't get enough of him. I really have huge expectations for Strider's book and I can't wait to read it, specially because his heroine is gonna be freaking amazing. Don't wanna spoil it for anybody so I just wont say anything else.

To sum up guys, this was an amazing book, great addition to this series which has become one of my top 5!!! Right now I'm loving this series way more than the BDB series which is a lot to say.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Secret.

July 27, 2010 – Shelved
October 29, 2010 – Shelved as: amazing-pnr-romance
April 3, 2011 – Started Reading
April 4, 2011 –
33.0% "Amazing, loving it so far!"
April 5, 2011 –
April 8, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

valee I think this is the first time, but I seriously have no idea who his female will be.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I love the cover too! But it's such an odd position! LOL. But nevertheless, still sexy!

valee It looks as if he's taking a shower,lol.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO! In the middle of a thunder storm!

Julie It all works for me....I'll stand in the rain with him. Can't wait for this book.

Kristie Love this cover.

Isalys Lady Vale wrote: "It looks as if he's taking a shower,lol."

And I'm available if he needs any help getting *er* clean!! LOL

valee LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Well, at least this way you don't have to fight over shower stall room.

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy Glad your loving it. I just got mine today. Woo hoo

message 11: by valee (last edited Apr 08, 2011 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

valee I really like it, specially Strider's POV, I wanna read his book so bad!

Isalys Lady Vale wrote: "I really like it, specially Strider's POV, I wanna read his book so bad!"

I cannot wait for Strider's book. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite Lords. I think him and Kaia are going to be so hawt!!

valee I'm so excited about his book because Kaia will be the heroine. I know that a book with those 2 together is gonna rock! Can't wait!

Kathy LOU better than BDB? I might start agreeing with you, especially since Showalter can write two books in the series a year. I hate waiting a year for BDB. I also can't wait to see what Kaia does to Strider- his book is going to be soooo good.

valee I definitely prefer this series more than BDB. I used to be extremely obsessed with BDB but I finally understood that the reason for that was that it was my 1st pnr series and I had nothing to compare it with. But I have enjoyed way more many books that are not part of this series.

valee IMHO series like psy changeling, demonica, guild hunters, LOTU and IAD are defintiely better than BDB.

Robyn they need an unedited version of the book!! u know like they have uncut versions of movies

Elissande So I totally cant find anything I want to read atm, I really just want to find a book. SO I am going to start with this one because of your review Lady Vale and because I want to be prepared for Paris story lol. I really hope that one is an amazing book. :)