Lindsey Rey's Reviews > The Drawing of the Three

The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King

liked it
bookshelves: 2016

I love Stephen King, but this series just isn't for me! I won't be continuing on with the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Drawing of the Three.

December 20, 2014 – Shelved
December 20, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
February 13, 2016 – Started Reading
February 13, 2016 –
page 26
5.62% "It's time to read this one guys. It's time."
February 13, 2016 –
page 42
February 14, 2016 –
page 108
23.33% "Did this section remind anyone else of The Colour of Magic?"
February 19, 2016 –
page 132
February 20, 2016 –
page 189
40.82% "Had to switch to the audiobook for this one. It's definitely helping me to enjoy it more!"
February 20, 2016 –
page 219
page 310
page 324
page 340
February 22, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016
February 22, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 2: by Clementine (new)

Clementine :/

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Schlenker I agree. My husband liked them.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Kelley I agree :(

message 5: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica What is funny is when I first read gunslinger I felt like it wasn't for me either. Now like 5 years later I reread it and loved it! Sorry you couldn't get into it

message 6: by Jorge (last edited Aug 04, 2016 12:05AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jorge de la Vega The series is a complete lackluster. Honestly, it gets worse with every volume, save for the fourth one which is the backstory of Roland and kinda interesting in that capacity, and maybe the seventh if your suspension of disbelief is strong enough. Stephen King is a great author, but his tendency to drone on and on and on usually diminishes his stories and their shock value. Song of Susannah, in particular is excruciating to get through given this. Also, for a series with a (reportedly) badass Clint Eastwood-ish interdimensial gunslinger as a protagonists, there's alarmingly little gunslinging to be found in the thousands of pages that conform it. I did go all the way to the Dark Tower some years back, but was definitely not satisfied in the least by neither the journey nor what I found at the end. This series is the main reason I'll always recommend Clive Barker over Stephen King, truth be told.

message 7: by Joe (new) - rated it 2 stars

Joe I agree. Not sure why he took so long to write this, as I truly believe it is among his worst work, at lest up until Dr. Sleep, or whatever that dreadful thing was called. King at his best is worth five stars; at his worst is hard to finish.