Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > Dry Bones

Dry Bones by Craig Johnson

Dec 20, 2014

bookshelves: read-2015

The fossil of a Tyrannosaurus rex is discovered in Absaroka County and not long after that the rancher that owned the land the T-rex is found on is discovered dead in a turtle pond. It isn't enough that everyone is fighting over who owns the right to the fossil, now Walt Longmire must figure out if the rancher's death was accidental or murder.

Craig Johnsons books about Sheriff Walt Longmire is a wonderful series, but I do miss the old days when I didn't have to wait a year until the next book. Walt Longmire is a marvelous character, he has that kind of old cowboy way that I love. The John Wayne feeling. Strong, reliable and tough and, as usual, Walt has a tendency to get into problems. I don't think I have read a book in this series when he doesn't end up in any way in the hospital. This book is not an exception. One thing I truly enjoyed was that Walt and Vic finally had the BIG talk that I have been waiting for since I read book nine in series (A Serpent's Tooth), the talked I waited to read in book ten that never happened.

When it came to the T-Rex story must I admit that even though I enjoyed reading it was the stuff around the case that I most liked. It was a difficult case, was it murder or not? Who would, in the end, claim the T-Rex? But the things happening around, a heartbreaking death that I didn't see coming, the openhearted discussion between Walt and Vic and then the realization that an old enemy is back was the best part of the book.

So, in the end, the book gets 4.5 stars. I liked the book very much, but I would have liked a much more intense and interesting case.

I received this copy from the publisher through NetGalley in return for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dry Bones.

December 20, 2014 – Shelved
December 20, 2014 – Shelved as: want-to-read-2015
April 22, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read-netgalley-edelweiss
April 24, 2015 – Started Reading
April 25, 2015 –
15.0% "I saved this book for the weekend so that stupid things like work didn't get between me and my book. So anyway, will be a bit busy today...\n \n "
April 25, 2015 –
32.0% "This is how far I came before I decided I needed a nap on the sofa...;)"
April 25, 2015 –
59.0% "A lot of people might underestimate my undersheriff because she was wounded; a lot of people are morons."
April 25, 2015 –
60.0% "“Look, subpoenas are like hemorrhoids: everybody’s gonna get one sooner or later.”"
April 26, 2015 –
82.0% "I will finish this book tonight and then I just have to wait a year for the next book..."
April 26, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
April 26, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Alejandro (new)

Alejandro Good to know ;) :D

Aj the Ravenous Reader Lol at that gif.^^

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Alejandro wrote: "Good to know ;) :D"

Hehehe

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Lol at that gif.^^"

Amen to that! ;)

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy been watching this of late on tv, a great series I came across, glad to see you enjoying reading it.

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Andy wrote: "been watching this of late on tv, a great series I came across, glad to see you enjoying reading it."

Yeah, I enjoy it very much and I'm looking forward to the next season of Longmire and the next book in the series! :)

message 7: by Dorie (new)

Dorie Great review I like the tv show!

❤️ Paulette "Excellent review, Lady"

Abibliofob Anything Longmire is good. I can also recommend Craig Johnsons homepage and shop, they have really nice things and both he and his wife is really great.