Claire Robinson's Reviews > Some Like It Sizzling

Some Like It Sizzling by Robbie Terman

it was ok
bookshelves: shit-hot-series, entangled

2 - "You are some piece of work." Stars.

Me when I started this book –

Me when I finished it –

Having waited patiently for a year for the third book in Robbie Terman’s A Perfect Recipe Series, I was so happy to finally get to read Jenna and Luke’s story. You were given a little tease of the potential fireworks that could go off between them in Some Like It Sinful and I couldn’t wait to see how this second-chance love story would play out for them in Some Like it Sizzling.

Jenna has always been the cool self contained girl of the trio and it was no exception in this book. Problem being the author did such a good job of making her an unlikeable snob in the first 60% of the book that by the time she loosened up, I didn’t really care either way anymore. I think what really was the final nail in the coffin of this one was the fact that Luke, albeit in response to Jenna’s behavior and attitude towards him, turned from a sweet, hot, dirty Fireman into a bit of a douche as the story progressed as well. There were glimmers between them, but one or the other would then do something that turned the sweet to sour pretty much every time.

"That hand is lethal…"

"Wait til you feel my mouth."

The big secret that Jenna nursed over the 15 years they were apart, and the reasons why she left without telling him… Felt like a total cop out to me if I am honest, I was expecting more, I wanted more, the characters deserved more.

The one thing I did love about this book was the side story between Olivia and Riley, I kind of wish they had had a bigger part in the book. Older woman, younger guy, sexy times…

In fact, I would like them to have had their own book.

I like the authors writing style, the previous books in the series were extremely enjoyable; I just struggled to connect with the characters myself, or feel much of a connection between the two of them for most of the book.

ARC generously provided via Netgalley, in exchange for the above honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Like It Sizzling.

December 19, 2014 – Shelved
December 19, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 2, 2015 – Started Reading
January 6, 2015 –
January 8, 2015 – Shelved as: shit-hot-series
January 8, 2015 – Shelved as: entangled
January 8, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Maria Rose It was a three for me, based on the fact that I liked Olivia. Wish there had been more of her story!

message 2: by JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust (last edited Jan 08, 2015 03:40PM) (new)

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust LOL@ You are some piece of work. :-)

message 3: by Beverly (new)

Beverly Sorry it was a let down Claire!

Claire Robinson Maria wrote: "It was a three for me, based on the fact that I liked Olivia. Wish there had been more of her story!"

Yup, agree totally.

Claire Robinson Beverly wrote: "Sorry it was a let down Claire!"

JaHy♕ Bitchy Goddess ♥'s everything CrAzY ☿ wrote: "LOL@ You are some piece of work. :-)"

Thanks Ladies xx

Maria Rose I didn't feel the chemistry between Jenna and Luke and her pouting really annoyed me. The Olivia parts were definitely the best.

Claire Robinson Maria wrote: "I didn't feel the chemistry between Jenna and Luke and her pouting really annoyed me. The Olivia parts were definitely the best."

Yeah I could have read a whole book about those two.

Maria Rose me too!

message 9: by Patrycja (new)

Patrycja Great review!!

Claire Robinson Patrycja wrote: "Great review!!"

Thanks :) x

message 11: by CL (new) - rated it 2 stars

CL This book was such a let down for me too. :(

Claire Robinson CL wrote: "This book was such a let down for me too. :("

Its a shame isn't it, when you have been waiting so long for something :( Sorry it didn't work for you either xx

message 13: by Lye (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lye Completely agreed! I'm so frustrated because I was so excited about this one.

Claire Robinson Lye wrote: "Completely agreed! I'm so frustrated because I was so excited about this one."
Thanks Lye xx

ღFloღ the coffee addict Sorry it wasn't a win. Great honest review, Claire!! xx

Claire Robinson ღFloღ the coffee addict wrote: "Sorry it wasn't a win. Great honest review, Claire!! xx"

Thanks, Flo xx