Ruchi Singh's Reviews > Choices

Choices by Ruchira Khanna

bookshelves: literary

Choices by Ruchira Khanna gives us a deep message that life is what we make of it, and that the consequences are the results of the choices that we make.

The story is about Albert and Leonardo, who at various phases of their lives are forced to either take the easy path or fight for what is right. And they make the right choice. But fate at times is cruel, still the close knit family brave the odds and tread the right path.

The story looks at the life of an adult as well as a determined teenager, who is on a fast track. As life throws challenges at him, he slows down, and weighs the pros and cons of the steps he takes to further his ambitious career, and finally chooses the right option.
I liked the unique setting of the story, the correctional facility for the convicts, where Albert is the warden. Amelia’s character is simple and supports both her husband and son.

The story is written in present tense, which takes a little time to get used to, since most of the novels are not written like this.

The technicalities apart, it is a profound story, which leaves one pondering over philosophies of life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Choices.

December 19, 2014 – Shelved