Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Another Kind of Dead

Another Kind of Dead by Kelly Meding

Jul 26, 2010

it was ok
Read from August 02 to September 08, 2011

kick, punch, slice, burn, poison "who are you, who do you work for" break, crunch, slam, dice, puncture, tear, break "oh Wyatt" "oh Evy" bleed, restrain, rip...

and repeat....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Another Kind of Dead.

08/02/2011
1.0% "Listening on audiobook. The narrator is really good. The story just getting started."
08/02/2011
2.0% "Evy dear, if you are going to be a cold hearted bitch, you are no better than the goblins."
08/03/2011
20.0% "Evy is way too hard in this book. Her "badass bitch" status is one thing but she is so bitter & angry. Because of her anger, it makes her not a likeable character. At one point, I was hoping the goblin would kick her ass. That is when I knew I needed to set the book down." 8 comments
08/19/2011
25.0% "I gave up on Working Stiff & decided to come back to this one. We'll see. I think I may need to download some sweet romantic story on audiobook. I'm not feeling the UF books on audiobook lately. Don't know why."
08/19/2011
30.0% "Angry Evy! Your constant grumpy/angry screw the world attitude is annoying. I know you've had it bad, and the world is a mess but come on...."
08/21/2011
50.0% "I think this book should be called "How many ways to Torture Evy". VERY depressing so far." 9 comments
08/21/2011
55.0% "I'm going to stop this one for awhile. I'm so zoning out on it."
09/06/2011
57.0% "Call me determined... I'm picking this one up AGAIN. I've stopped it twice. Not because it was bad but because it is so damn depressing, it is more depressing than some of the teen angst stuff I come across. Evy gets stabbed, slashed, poisoned, torn up and threatened more than most UF female lead characters combined and I'm only just past the 50% mark!"
09/07/2011
70.0% "OMG...now the torture after the last round of torture. Evy...I'm hoping for your permanent death even...enough is enough chickie!"
09/08/2011
80.0% "Evy has given an entire new meaning to "giving someone the finger". Ok, I'm glad we are through round #8 of torture Evy. Of course, we have new problems with loverboy missing but at least I can look forward to someone else's torture for once (I'm joking people..please don't take me seriously)." 6 comments
09/08/2011
90.0% "All I can say about this book is I'm exhausted on behalf of Evy. Please give the girl a break. Forget a vacation, how about one day off from torture. That's not too much to ask right?"

Christen (GoldiloxReads and Whimsify) I've heard that the first one in this series was terrific and the second one was kind of blah. How is the third one?

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Christen Ramos; Tabby wrote: "I've heard that the first one in this series was terrific and the second one was kind of blah. How is the third one?"

You are exactly right. 1st one was excellent, 2nd was just so-so and so far, this one is good but I just started so it is too early to tell. I hope it is like book 1 though.

Bastard I'm of a different mind. Didn't like the first one. Liked the second one a lot, until the 2nd half (hated the motel room scene and on). I've yet to read this one though, but I think it has been improving.

And if I go by your comments, I think this will be action packed, which is more my style.

I'm just hoping someone kills Wyatt. He's the weak link in the series for me.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bastard wrote: "I'm of a different mind. Didn't like the first one. Liked the second one a lot, until the 2nd half (hated the motel room scene and on). I've yet to read this one though, but I think it has been imp..."

It is definitely action packed. However, the action is more focused on the "act" of inflicting pain on Evy. The actual violence and torture did not bother me, it was the use of the violence and torture as nothing but a filler to replace actual story content.
Even though I did not like this book, I will read the next book because I still enjoy the series and I hope that the next book is much better.

Shelley Michelle I recv'd this from my query "Yes, poor Evy has been through a lot, especially in this book. I can't promise a big break in the next book (emotionally, anyway), but other people do take a majority of the physical damage. ;)

message 6: by Rane (new)

Rane Sounds like something from Hostel movie with alot of gory/gross/close your eyes torture and not alot of plot..

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Rane wrote: "Sounds like something from Hostel movie with alot of gory/gross/close your eyes torture and not alot of plot.."

If you took out every time Evy was being beat up/tortured or she was doing the beating up, there would probably be about 50 pages of plot and that is it!

message 8: by Rane (new)

Rane Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "Rane wrote: "Sounds like something from Hostel movie with alot of gory/gross/close your eyes torture and not alot of plot.."

If you took out every time Evy was being beat up/tortured or she was ..."

The hell!? @_@ A PWP!