Lance Eaton's Reviews > The Art of Explanation - Making Your Ideas, Products and Services Easier to Understand

The Art of Explanation - Making Your Ideas, Products and Serv... by Lee LeFever

bookshelves: 2014, teaching-and-learning, reviewed-books, audiobooks

Many are familiar with LeFever even if they may not think they are. He is the leader of CommonCraft which produces those great videos about technology "in plain English." This book provides a breakdown of exactly how they manage to create such accessible and easy-to-understand explanations of complicated and interesting topics. It's highly useful in that he provides a good set of tools to help the reader reconsider how one would properly explain things. He shows that we often think we are great at explain but very rarely are we as successful as we like to think we are. I found that it would be quite useful not just for "idea, products and services" but also for teaching.

If you enjoyed this review, feel free to check out my other reviews and writings at By Any Other Nerd /

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Explanation - Making Your Ideas, Products and Services Easier to Understand.

Started Reading