♆ BookAddict ✒ La Crimson Femme's Reviews > Don't Deny Me, Part One

Don't Deny Me, Part One by Megan Hart

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley-reviews, arc, erotica

Prepared for a stomach clenching story, I start Ms. Hart's "Don't Deny Me Part I". I have a love-hate relationships with Ms. Hart. I hate how devastating she creates the relationship between lovers. I love the anguish Ms. Hart puts me through. In Don't Deny Me, Ms. Hart creates a serial story in three parts. In the first act, the readers are introduced to Alice and Mick. Alice's friends haven't seen her for a long time because of her terrible break up with Mick. Even though the friends were Alice's first, she loses out to Mick.

This first part is frustrating as Ms. Hart sets up Alice's conflict and strained relationship with Mick.

"There is nothing crueler than the person who doesn’t want you enough to keep you, but who doesn’t love you enough to let you go. "[Alice to Mick] (Kindle loc. 1046-1047)

This is the heart of this story. Mick won't let Alice go and for a reason she doesn't understand. The characters here show how two people speak in different love languages. Lack of communication is always a killer and this story sets it up well. Part of me is frustrated because if Alice and Mick would just get over themselves and really listen to each other, they wouldn't be in the situation they are in. It will be interesting to see how this continues on in the second part. Recommended for romance lovers who seek "it's complicated" relationships.

*provided by NetGalley
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Deny Me, Part One.

December 18, 2014 – Shelved
Started Reading
December 20, 2014 – Finished Reading
January 10, 2015 –
100.0% "There is nothing crueler than the person who doesn’t want you enough to keep you, but who doesn’t love you enough to let you go"