Carissa's Reviews > Lies Unspoken

Lies Unspoken by Lisa De Jong

liked it
bookshelves: arc-s-2014

3 'Lemon Drop' Stars

"I want what every woman wants . . . to feel wanted."

Starting over in a new city after a failed relationship, Lila's creating a new life for herself. What she didn't expect was to meet two vastly different men simultaneously. One with soft and tender caresses, gentle and calming words; then his mean, angsty, brooding twin persona.

Love doesn’t come with a parachute; I learned that the hard way.”

Blake, the enigmatic, sexy, arrogant, and resident pain in the ass, roommate. Whose rock hard body and fiercely protective persona draws Lila in.  There's an instant, unbridled chemistry between Lila and Blake. A sexual tension so intense and sharp that it  cuts through the air.

Slowly and passionately, Blake sneaks his way into Lila's heart. Unraveling her emotions and gluing her shattered pieces together. Even with Blake's no strings attached arrangement, he can't seem to control himself around Lila. His bipolar attitude has Lila's head spinning. He wants her but he doesn't want a relationship. And a girl like Lila deserves more than him.

After an earth shattering discovery and painful pleas, Lila leaves, only to return to despair. Blake's man-whorish ways finally take a turn for the worse, when Lila comes home to passionate moans that definitely do not belong to her. Devastated and heartbroken, mostly, betrayed by a man who fixed her in a few weeks, a man she fell head over heels for, a man whose past pain shines through and leaves a part of destruction in its way.

"I think every girl hopes she'll get her chance to tame a bad boy, to bring a soulless creature out of the darkness, but Blake isn't my salvation. There's not a part of him that's mine...there never was"

My biggest problem was with the heroine. She was frustrating and I couldn't understand her emotions at all. One minute she's heartbroken and leaves to start over and then bam! she's more than lusting after Blake and ends up in his bed in no time, whom she only just meets. Her fickle characteristics had me going crazy. Honestly, I couldn't get a connection with Lila at all. This one was difficult for me and I'm an avid Lisa De Jong fan.

*ARC provided by The Rock Stars of Romance on behalf of the author for an honest review* Thanks!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies Unspoken.

December 18, 2014 – Started Reading
December 18, 2014 – Shelved
December 18, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-s-2014
December 18, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Didi (new)

Didi Lovely review Carissa :)

Carissa Didi wrote: "Lovely review Carissa :)"

Thanks!! Didi :)

message 3: by Exina (new)

Exina Wonderful review and visuals, Carissa!

Carissa Exina wrote: "Wonderful review and visuals, Carissa!"

Thanks!! Exina :):)