Rebecca's Reviews > None of the Above

None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio

I'll write a full review closer to the release date but for now, here's a few thoughts.

I loved this book! Though it's only early in the year, I can not only imagine its impact on me lingering for a while but it also being one of my favourite reads. It was engaging enough to finish in just a few hours and I felt like I was going through everything with the protagonist. I learned a lot about being intersex with this book - it's my first time reading about it and I had only a faint knowledge on the details. Something I loved about None of the Above was how it handled the subject from different angles: biological, social, psychological and emotional. While it mostly focused on the protagonist's experiences, it also showed the reactions to the people around her, particularly dealing with stigma and ignorance. My heart went out to Kristin when things were at their worst, and I really liked her, as well as some of the minor characters. Darren was lovely.

I enjoyed the author's note at the end of the book. I love reading them and finding out a book's origin, and it was an interesting read. I really appreciate what she did with this book and how she handled the subject.

None of the Above is such an important book and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Read this review and more on my blog

Source: Edelweiss
I received this book from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read None of the Above.

December 18, 2014 – Shelved
December 18, 2014 – Shelved as: to-be-released
December 31, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 28, 2015 – Shelved as: read-2015
January 28, 2015 –
page 1
0.28% "I have a long hair appointment today and this is going to be my reading material!"
January 29, 2015 – Started Reading
January 10, 2016 – Shelved as: standalone-novel
January 10, 2016 – Shelved as: on-kindle
January 10, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult-fiction
January 11, 2016 – Shelved as: recommend-more-than-most

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Is it heart wrenching or like up lifting?

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Jan 29, 2015 02:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca Heather wrote: "Is it heart wrenching or like up lifting?"

It ends on a positive note and I felt a lot of emotions for the protagonist throughout. I suppose that it's a bit of both?