Maxi's Reviews > The Auction

The Auction by Kitty Thomas

did not like it

What the fuck did I just read?

photo anigif_enhanced-12047-1412627759-16_zpsgdbc3tsm.gif

So, the story is this: The main female character, who I cannot think about without an internal eye roll,

photo tumblr_mlopaqdbeK1s75usvo1_250_zpssbo3f3sb.gif

...is a human who lives on a planet distant from Earth with other humans. They all live in a society where the people sell their women in order to make money for their community. The main character is sold to an alien and taken away by him, fucked by him, and fucked over by him. I say this last part because I honestly can't believe she, at the end, didn't acknowledge that she was getting the short end of the stick in every. single. way. I mean, come on, her alien "master" making her sleep on the floor? Clawing her back? Insulting the human race? Yeah, nope.

photo 1061_zpsxpmvupsb.gif

I don't find any of that rubbish hogwash balderdash poppycock twaddle attractive or sexy. Why, do you?

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-20057-1378778515-5_zpswzg0lx7a.gif

I do not care what the popular opinion of this author of this book is; I do not like what she writes. At all. I've read "Comfort Food" and disliked that book, I've read "Blood Mate" and disliked that just the same, and I've read this one and not only dislike it, but hate it. I'm not going to read another one of her books. For anyone who is not turned on by the main character of a story being treated like shit, I do not recommend this book.

photo tumblr_m8vdeeGg161rdkmnho1_500_zpsyi7qidfs.gif

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Auction.

Finished Reading