Angie's Reviews > Searching for Beautiful

Searching for Beautiful by Jennifer Probst

bookshelves: after-dark, contemporary, romance, audio

Synopsis: "The highly anticipated third novel in the Searching For series from Jennifer Probst, “one of the most exciting breakout novelists” (USA Today), featuring a runaway bride and the man who wants to be more than just her best friend...

Genevieve MacKenzie has her life completely under control. About to wed the charming Chief doctor at the local hospital, she’s an up-and-coming surgeon with everything she could ever want. Until an escape through the church window on the day of her wedding sends her life into a tailspin...and flings her right into her best friend’s arms.

When Wolfe catches his best friend falling out a window on her wedding day, he doesn’t ask questions. He whisks her away, determined to watch over her and discover the truth behind her desperate escape. But when his feelings turn more than platonic, he realizes he may risk his most important relationship in order to protect his damaged heart, and the woman he loves.

Can Genevieve and Wolfe’s friendship turn into something deeper—or is it already too late for true love?"

My Review: First thing, I wasn't a huge fan of this cover compared to the previous 2 books. I usually like a whole series to be in the same format but with this one the covers are so drastically different it didn't appeal to me to have them on a shelf together (not saying that the cover isn't beautiful, it is just so different from the original 2). So I ended up downloading the audio version, it definitely wasn't a let down there. I enjoyed the narrator, she did a fantastic job with the different voices and tones of the story. This was a book that you just couldn't put down. Probst took on a much darker and more serious subject matter with this book than I am used to but she did a great job with it. I loved the development of both Wolfe and Gen as the story progressed. Might end up being my favorite of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Searching for Beautiful.

December 17, 2014 – Shelved