Shanice Singh's Reviews > Welcome to the Real World: Finding Your Place, Perfecting Your Work, and Turning Your Job into Your Dream Career

Welcome to the Real World by Lauren Berger

This is the book that I wish I had when I started my first job.
Lauren Berger shares real life examples of how to deal with "The Real World", possible pitfalls at work and just how to overall kick ass at work without suffering burnout.
Even after a few years into my first job, I still found so many things helpful in this book.
Lauren stresses the importance of work-life balance and taking care of yourself.
Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of the workplace whether it is dealing with rejection, how to become better organized, possible problems you may encounter at work and how to work with different types of people.
All of this super-handy info is told in a conversational manner so it is almost like having a mentor guide you through the workplace (and speaking of mentors, she discusses that too).
If you are a college graduate or you know a college graduate, I highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to the Real World.

December 17, 2014 – Shelved