Shxrxn's Reviews > If Andy Warhol Had a Girlfriend

If Andy Warhol Had a Girlfriend by Alison Pace

Jul 23, 2010

liked it
Read on July 23, 2010

This was why I was still single. I had been fortunate enough to arrive unencumbered, without baggage without a messy relationship to get over, at the doorstep of The Perfect Man.
- Jane
Machines have less problems. I'd like to be a machine.
- Andy Warhol
sometimes I am pretty sure the only thing I know is nothing.
- Jane
I know this is probably very hard on you right now but I believe that you will be a better person and a stronger person for going through this. I think I am.
- Jack
What makes a person spend time being sad when they could be happy?
- Andy Warhol
When you're interested in somebody and you think they might be interested in you, you should point out all your beauty problems and defects right away, rather than take a chance they won't notice them.
—Andy Warhol
I'm the type who'd be happy not going anywhere as long as I was sure I knew exactly what was happening at the places I wasn't going to. I'm the type who'd like to sit home and watch every party that I'm invited to on a monitor in my bedroom.
—Andy Warhol
The less something has to say, the more perfect it is.
—Andy Warhol
Over the years I've been more successful at dealing with love than with jealousy. I get jealousy attacks all the time.
I like boring things.
—Andy Warhol
Everybody winds up kissing the wrong person goodnight.
—Andy Warhol
Beautiful is ugly when standing next to him.
- Jane
I've always thought the shower thing is all backward—why can't there be showers for people who might never get married? Aren't they, in fact, in much more need of gifts?
- Jane
After spending years watching Dick Reese fly off the handle at the drop of a hat, let alone the drop of a sculpture, I had forgotten it was actually possible to deal with a crisis like a normal human being.
- Jane
I wouldn't necessarily use the words 'all better' to describe the state of things. But, yes, you're right. I do feel like my heart has been broken. I don't think I wanted to die—think of all I'd miss out on—but I did feel pretty awful. It's not that it's over, and it's not that I've forgotten. It's just that there isn't anything I can do about it, and I have other things that give me happiness. The only thing to do is to concentrate on those things and accept the loss, terrible as it was
- Ian
Everyone has days when they don't feel so sure of themselves.
- Ian
A place can really make your heart skip a beat, especially if you have to take a plane to get there."
—Andy Warhol
I'm really afraid to feel happy because it never lasts.
—Andy Warhol
Being born is like being kidnapped. And then sold into slavery.
—Andy Warhol
As soon as you stop wanting something, you get it.
—Andy Warhol
I wonder if it's possible to have a love affair that lasts forever.
—Andy Warhol
The most exciting thing is not-doing-it. If you fall in love with someone and never do it, it's much more exciting.
—Andy Warhol
Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, 'so what.' That's one of my favorite things to say. 'So what.'"
—Andy Warhol
If you look at something long enough, I've discovered the meaning goes away.
—Andy Warhol
I look at you and I'm sure, as sure as I've ever been about anything, that with you I could fancy a love for life quite possible. Jane, you are my moors. You are my Rome.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Andy Warhol Had a Girlfriend.