Jackie's Reviews > Undercover

Undercover by Lauren Dane

2195441
Jul 23, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2011, erotic-romance, federation-series, lauren-dane, to-read
Recommended for: Fans of M/F/M relationships who enjoy D/S play in the bedroom scenes

Lauren Dane made a fan out of me with her Brown Siblings series books and although Undercover has a lot of the same flavor with the M/F/M story line that is where the comparison stops. This book is much darker, much harsher and even with the enticement of being a Fantasy Sci-Fi it just did not quite hold my attention the way I was hoping it would. For one thing to be honest the main characters of Sera, Ash and Brandt never really connected with me. I think given reactions from long time fans of the author that is more to do with my state of mind while reading the book than any lack of character development on the part of Ms. Dane. I think that the majority of the readers who enjoy very graphic D/S erotica will enjoy this book to the fullest, for me it just did not quite pull me in and keep my attention and in fact it kind of made me feel like the point the author was trying to make never made sense. Again this is just my point of view, think that right now with some things going on should have not read this particular book. I am however really looking forward to reading more written by Lauren Dane because I like her writing style and her characters are interesting and for me most of all her stories are entertaining. Just not Undercover for whatever reason right now for me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undercover.

July 23, 2010 – Shelved