rebecca ɤ's Reviews > Twisted Fate

Twisted Fate by Norah Olson

liked it
bookshelves: creepy-books, read-2014, read-2015

3.5 stars actually.

Received as an arc from EpicReads. I went into this book with mild expectations and I am astounded at how much I enjoyed this novel. I thought this was going to be cliché boy next door novel but boy was I wrong.

Though I felt there was way too much POVS in here which confused me at times I was able to grasp the plot early on. I was not particularly in love with the writing style and felt "420" was wayy over used. As being a teenager myself I am pretty sure I rarely hear anyone say that.

Sydney was very pretentious and annoying in the beginning but I actually grew to like her. Also, that we didn't get a lot of Alyson in beginning but by the end I was satisfied. I wish we could have seen more scenes of the girls with their parents even though it is mentioned they rarely spend time with them it felt like they only came home once a week. YA is known for clueless/absent parents but c'mon it felt like they didn't even have parents and owned the entire house.

Graham, who Syd thinks is a sociapath, has one of the most interesting character dynamics i read about in a long time. He was so odd and very creepy at times, but he wouldn't have remorse for most of the things he did. It had you thinking, is this kid really a sociopath or just really stupid? I could feel myself getting scared for Syd when she would break into his room and search for stuff. This book held my attention from beginning to end and I applaud Norah Olson.

The main reason I give this book 3.5 stars is for that ending. My mind has been blown and I kinda love that...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Fate.

December 13, 2014 – Started Reading
December 13, 2014 – Shelved
page 10
3.68% "well syd is not subtle at all"
page 120
44.12% "graham's a freaking creep, allyson doesn't even know he's video recording their conversations omg"
page 189
69.49% "is graham really that oblivious or just really stupid"
December 13, 2014 – Finished Reading