Trish - Novels In Heels's Reviews > Kick

Kick by Carmen Jenner

bookshelves: books-reviewed

4 GRAPHIC, EXPLICIT, INTENSIVE STARS

What Did I Just Read? Carmen Jenner you just tore my heart out and stomped on it with Kick’s dark, twisted story.

Kick
"I am a monster. Not because I’m a product of my environment, or because I like to hurt women. I am a monster because I choose to embrace my darkness—I revel in it and nurture it like it’s a newborn."
I loved every minute of it. It was not easy to read, but I devoured it from cover to cover.

Kick
"Once upon a time I was happy, content with my swift slide into a life of criminal activity and debauchery. And now? Now I'm just bitter and hollow. Soulless. Fucked up."

Carmen’s warning is not to be taken lightly. This is NOT a love story. This is one twisted, tough, dark, scary, story filled with violence, murder, rape, monsters and more.

This is a story of survival. Survival to stay alive.

Carmen Jenner has ventured into taking this story somewhere other than the customary brutality of an MC. The absolute agony it left me feeling was heart shattering and eye opening. You really need to read this for yourself.

Kick is a troubled soul. His past is disturbing, his present even more so. He may be the villain but he shows he still has some humanity left by putting his life on the line for these women he keeps saving (Lauren & Kayla/Indie).

Kick
"Darkness doesn't seek out the light. It smothers the light, and it revels in the light's death. And there is nothing more dangerous than darkness that doesn't have an outlet."

Indie
"I don't know anything anymore except that I want to die. With every fiber of my being, with everything I am, I know that much is true. I just want to die, but he won't let me."

There is so much more woven throughout in this story than a biker and his bad ways. It’s brutal, full of pain and hurt that I had to ask myself so many times – can there ever be any happiness for Kick? Will Kayla/Indie be able to survive what she has been through?

Would either of them ever find some form of light in all their darkness?

Outstanding Ms Jenner.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kick.

December 13, 2014 – Shelved