Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧'s Reviews > The Rise

The Rise by Julie Plec

bookshelves: supernatural, awesomesauce, advance-reader-copy, netgalley

7.5/10

‘The Originals: The Rise’ is a story about three original, ancient vampires who are impossible to hate and surprisingly easy to love. The plot of the novel was intriguing if not a bit cliche. Once I forgave them for their faults and their errors, I got sucked in the story of their rise to power and settlement in New Orleans.

The pace of the novel was alright most of the time, however, sometimes it drawled a bit on. The ending was sad, my heart went out to the characters, especially Klaus, he deserved more.
“description"/

This novel only enhanced my love for the already familiar and much-loved (and hated - depends on who you ask -> don’t ask certain werewolves) Originals. I have been a fan of Elijah from the moment I saw his appearance on The Vampire Diaries and I have loved him ever since.
description

The characters are amazing, I love their personalities and the dialogue amongst them. There was some great character development that is significant for the future of the characters.

The writing is good, it’s like watching the show but then in a novel format. I could really hear the voice of each individual character. And in my mind’s eye I saw the actors that belonged to the voices. Julie Plec has delivered an amazing novel.

I recommend the novel to everyone who likes the Originals and/or the Vampire Diaries and to people who love reading about non-sparkly vampires and badass witches and werewolves.

I received an ARC of this novel thanks to the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review. My thanks for the opportunity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise.

December 13, 2014 – Shelved
December 13, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 8, 2015 – Started Reading
January 8, 2015 –
page 10
2.84% "I love Klaus so much! 'Niklaus Mikaelson,' he returned. 'It's an honour.' "
January 8, 2015 –
page 94
January 9, 2015 –
page 208
January 9, 2015 –
page 251
January 11, 2015 –
page 306
86.93% "This is too sad :( . . ."
January 11, 2015 – Shelved as: supernatural
January 11, 2015 – Shelved as: awesomesauce
January 11, 2015 – Finished Reading
February 26, 2015 – Shelved as: advance-reader-copy
March 19, 2015 – Shelved as: netgalley

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lola WOOT WOOT <3

Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧ Ana wrote: "I love this show. Great review Sonja."

Thank you, Ana! <3