Jamie Eberle's Reviews > Sex Detox: Recharge Desire. Revitalize Intimacy. Rejuvenate Your Love Life.

Sex Detox by Ian Kerner

F 50x66
Jul 22, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: lter, yourlibrary, hardcover

Sex Detox is a self help book geared toward singles or couples to improve their sex life. The authors method of improving a person's sex life is by performing a "sex detox" or in other words abstaining from sex for 30 days. While abstaining, a person performs some journaling and exercises to get more in-touch with the issues that might have caused the problems in the first place. The book is split into a section for singles and a section for couples. I read the section for couples, but did not actually perform any steps.[return][return]I think the idea of the book is a good idea. The idea of stepping back and taking a look at what might be causing the problems with a person's sex life without the complicating it with sex is a good idea, but not revolutionary. I think that the good part about the book is that it does allow a person who might not know how to work out their issues on their own, a structured way to accomplish it. I think the book could use a name and cover change. As it is, I don't think I would look at it twice, and therefore would miss some of the good info that is in the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sex Detox.