Angie's Reviews > A Friend for Merida

A Friend for Merida by Irene Trimble

liked it
bookshelves: children-s

Synopsis: "Pixar Animation Studio's 13th animated feature film, Disney/Pixar Brave, is an epic adventure set in the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. Determined to carve her own path in life, a skilled archer named Princess Merida defies a sacred age-old custom—and inadvertently unleashes a beastly curse upon the kingdom. To set things right, Merida embarks on a perilous quest and discovers the meaning of true bravery. Children ages 3-7 will love this full-color Pictureback storybook that retells a key scene from the new film."

My Review: I really enjoyed this book but Munchkin didn't really like it. The pages were nice and thick for rough little hands. The images were bright with familiar characters from the Brave movie. I like the story and the message of trusting each other. It just didn't attract or keep munchkin's attention, maybe because he hasn't seen the movie a lot so isn't as familiar with the characters, or maybe because it is geared more toward little girls. I can tell you I would have worn this book out as a kid.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Friend for Merida.

December 11, 2014 – Shelved