Maria's Reviews > The Island of Dr. Libris

The Island of Dr. Libris by Chris Grabenstein

liked it
bookshelves: audio-books, overdrive-ut, overdrive-sc, children, contemporary, fairy-tale-revisited, fantasy

Billy is spending the summer with his mother in a cabin without a TV. His mother tells him that he can spend his time reading or visiting the island in the center of the lake. Boring. But when he opens a book he hears some very strange sounds coming from the island. Just like Hercules fighting a monster.

Why I started this book: I loved Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library and was eager to read another book by Gradenstein.

Why I finished it: This book was as great as Mr. Lemoncello... on the other hand I would have loved my own private island where my favorite characters came to life. (Why I am using the past tense? That would be pretty cool now too.) And I loved the idea that different characters would form alliences and fight each other. I think that I struggled the most because he choose characters and stories that are in the public domain (nothing new) because of copyright infringment. Oh well. Fun idea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Island of Dr. Libris.

December 10, 2014 – Shelved