Elyse's Reviews > The Shadow of the Wind

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Jul 22, 2010

bookshelves: favorite-books

The best book club in the entire Bay Area (proud to be part of it) picked this book for Sept. ---Its FABULOUS.......
I'm loving-loving-loving it!!!

I give this book 5 stars---No question its a masterpiece ---(a book hard to ever forget)>>>even with lots of characters!

However---If I could ---I'd really give it 4.5 stars ---not the 5 ---(but its close)

There were a few areas of the book ----that I felt were a 'little' weak --- (the way it unfolded towards the end-- some of it was 'dragging' to me). I was like "come on already".... Ever have that experience when reading a book? Especially when its long and you've been waiting to wrap things up?

......I think I've seen too many movies--often I was 'looking' for trouble in places where there wasn't any ---and then later, it bugged me! lol I thought I would be 'so smart' (ha ha)

This is a GOOD BOOK!!! NO QUESTION

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of the Wind.

Finished Reading
July 22, 2010 – Shelved
September 14, 2011 – Shelved as: favorite-books

Victoria Isn't it perfection? Sigh.

Vicki you guys are motivating me!!! :)

Vessey Glad to see you've liked it so much, Elyse. I did too. Have you read 2 and 3? What did you think of them? :)

message 4: by poiboy (new) - added it

poiboy starting it now.. so good so quickly.

Kevin Ansbro Your thoughts towards this book perfectly mirror mine, Elyse.
It does begin to drag, but overall it's a masterpiece!

Kathyhanser I WANT the movie! I so loved the book. And 2 and 3, though worth the read are not nearly as memorable