Silver James's Reviews > Magic Bleeds

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews

bookshelves: 2014-books-read, 2015-books-read, auto-buy-series, keeper, reread, paranormal, 2018-books-read, audio-books, dystopian, romance, urban-fantasy, 2020-books-read
Read 4 times. Last read February 22, 2020 to February 25, 2020.

Magic Bleeds This book always...hurts. All the feels for Kate and Curran. All. The. FEELS! I will add that there are lots of novellas in anthologies that have been inserted as time goes by and I have not yet added all of them to my collecttion but between Audio Escape and my wonderful public library, I can always lay my hands on a copy when I'm doing a marathon re-listen of all the books in order, like I am now.

Original review: This is the book that so totally hooked me that I knew I had to buy every book in the series. I've accomplished that now--both in Kindle and in audio. Kate cemented herself as a favorite kick-@$$ heroine and Curran moved onto the Top BBF list. There's a bit of a cliffhanger at the end but Kate's actions in the Pack conference room? Whoa, damn!

Okay, so, devotees of the series know that Kate has family issues. If you are considering reading this book and haven't read the 3 and 1/2 (there's a prequel novella that introduces Kate and her world), then please stop right here, go back and read them. This is not one of those series where it's advisable to jump in all willy-nilly. Yes, the Gordons do a good job of sketching over wordly things at the beginning of each book but to understand the players, the themes, the plot and character arcs, do yourself a huge favor and start at the beginning. Trust me. You'll be glad you did.

In this book, Kate and Curran's relationship comes to a...head, so-to-speak. Grendel appears in Kate's life (who doesn't want a mutant attack poodle!?!?), Kate makes life decisions, and she goes toe-to-toe with a family member. Awesome stuff! A full 5 stars and kudos to Renee Raudman's narration skills. They are mad!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bleeds.

December 9, 2014 – Started Reading