Sarah's Reviews > The Rise

The Rise by Julie Plec

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Hachette Children's Books and NetGalley.)

This started off okay, but I lost interest.

First off, I obviously didn’t pay that much attention to the cover of this one, because I had no idea that this was anything to do with the Vampire Diaries until I started reading it. I haven’t read the Vampire Diaries series for years, and I only remember it being okay.

Anyway, I just got bored by this. I didn’t care what was happening or why. There were a couple of okay moments, and I did like the first couple of chapters, but after that it just all went downhill. I really don’t want to read any more books in this series.
4 out of 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise.

December 10, 2014 – Shelved
March 9, 2015 – Started Reading
21.0% "Kinda dull."
60.0% "So bored!"
March 10, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog I couldn't get into the tv show and I LOVED when they were on "The Vampire Diaries".
I hope the book gets better for you! :)

Sarah Thank you ☺ I'm wondering if it's because I haven't watched the tv show.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren I love the show. Its better i think because the book id based on the show

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Ive not read the books but the show is awesome

Sarah I've not seen the TV show, I don't really get time to watch the TV. That's possibly why I didn't like the book I guess.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Maybe.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) Oh that sucks. I was kinda excited for this.

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Fab and Honest review, Hun!!
I hope your next book is better!!!
xoxoxo

Sarah Thank you! I was kinda looking forward to a vampire book, but this was obviously the wrong one for me ☺

message 10: by Joyce (new)

Joyce I like the TV series of The Originals and The Vampire Diaries a lot. This may be a case where the book was written from the series and they are using the series to promote the book?

Sarah I think you might be right. The note at the front of the book says that they couldn't fit everything into the TV series, so have created three books with 'never before told stories' of the orginal vampires.

Melissa (Ever So Mela) Sarah wrote: "Thank you! I was kinda looking forward to a vampire book, but this was obviously the wrong one for me ☺"

If you're looking for a vampire book, csn I recommend the Blood of Eden series? It's by Julie Kagawa, or something like that. It's definitely one of my fav series.

Sarah I have read the blood of eden series, but it was a bit too slow for me. and that cliff-hanger at the end of book 2! that was just evil!

Melissa (Ever So Mela) Lol. It truely was, wasn't it? I almost had a stroke lol

Sarah It was just cruel! I was like 'you can't end it like that! Nooooo!'

Melissa (Ever So Mela) So true! Cliffys like that tear my heart in two. Reminds me of the ones in the Fever series. Cruel and unusual punishment :P

Sarah It's when you come across a really bad one, and you know it's another year or more for the next one that you begin to wonder if having an ARC was a good thing!

Melissa (Ever So Mela) Lol that happened to me with Red Quee, having and ARC sucked. Now I have to wait longer than everyone else did.

Sarah Yep. so annoying!