April's Reviews > Losing Logan

Losing Logan by Sherry D. Ficklin

2016803
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I was vaguely aware when I started reading that is is a YA. I didn't really know what was coming. I was so pleasantly surprised by this book! What a great read!! I wish there were more like this in the genre!

There is a romance, cause it is YA and of course there has to be a romance. It is a little unconventional though. I was wondering how things would turn out in a story where the girl seemed to be falling for a ghost. I was very happy with the outcome. The author is clever enough to easy you into a transition that makes everyone happy. There are some tricky moments. but I really felt that was the best ending all around.

This whole book is from Zoe's POV, which limits you in how you see things. You only get her side of the story with what happened with Logan when they were younger. I am curious to know his side of things. You only get to know what she knows, which isn't a lot at first.

I loved her snarky humor. She is sassy and awesome and gets even better as she lets people in, no longer using that wit to push others away. She is still snarky and sarcastic, but gentler as well. It was a joy seeing her grow and build relationships with others.

The supporting cast here is fantastic. She has a fabulous gay BFF Carlos, who is diva-licious at times! Her mom is super supportive and a touch protective. And the love interest is beyond sweet and endearing. I wanted to date him myself! Oh, yeah, she has her own personal undead stalker as well.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Tara Millette, who is wonderful. This is my first read from her and I promise not my last. She has the snark down and infuses such emotion into the read. This is one of the most enjoyable reads I have had in a while. Her energy throughout the read and terrific pace only add to the joy of listening. Definitely a narrator to stalk...um watch!

Overall this was a great read. There is the mystery of finding out what happened to Logan, that was a little obvious after hearing the first few clues. Then again, I watch a lot of crime dramas, so what I thought was obvious, others might not see right away. Even with knowing who did it the story telling was engaging and dynamic.

Disclosure – I received this audiobook in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts opinions and ratings are my own.

*** If you found this review at all helpful, please take a moment to let me know. I love reading and sharing my opinions with other readers. Thanks for taking the time to read my review! You can see more audiobook reviews on my blog www.eargasmsaudiobookreviews.com ***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing Logan.

Quotes April Liked

Sherry D. Ficklin
“With whom,” Logan corrects from his booth making me want to give him a big grammar Nazi high five.”

Sherry D. Ficklin
“Where all strange and possibly evil things begin. Wikipedia.”

Sherry D. Ficklin
“It's a guy thing. You offer to feed us and we will agree to just about anything.”

Sherry D. Ficklin
“You know the only thing worse than being dead? Being dead and having to watch crappy TV because you I can't change the channel.”

Sherry D. Ficklin
“No one who threatens to kill people as often as you do would be dumb enough to actually kill someone.”

Sherry D. Ficklin
“…but Zoe, your bitch meter is hitting a twelve. I need you at a six, okay?”

Sherry D. Ficklin
“I just figured it was in the manual"

I grab his arm "Are you telling me there are instructions? My God, I never got the memo. How have I lived my life without it?”

December 10, 2014 – Started Reading