Sofia Galvez's Reviews > The Story of Awkward

The Story of Awkward by R.K. Ryals

5420503
Dec 09, 2014

bookshelves: 2015, fantasy, nerdy, 2015-reading-challenge

“Love isn’t roses. It’s those little square caramels and a root beer from the gas station because he knows that’s your favorite snack. It’s watching a musical with you without groaning. It’s handing you your glasses at night because he knows you’re too blind to find your way to the bathroom without them. Love is awkward.”

Well,I started this New Year reading, "The story of Awkward" and I couldn't have picked a better book to start the year with. It had a lot of good stuff that I like; nerdiness, fairy-tales, romance and quotable quotes. I really got sucked into the story because I related so much with the main character Perri. Perri, the artist who drew a completely different world where awkwardness was accepted. Seriously, who hasn't thought of another world to escape to when real life got to be to tough and hard. I really enjoyed reading this story and I'm glad I read it. I couldn't help but smile when this book ended but also kinda sad that there wasn't more. Anyways, I can't wait to read more from R.K. Ryals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Story of Awkward.

December 9, 2014 – Shelved
December 9, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2015 – Started Reading
January 1, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
January 1, 2015 – Shelved as: fantasy
January 1, 2015 – Shelved as: nerdy
January 1, 2015 –
45.0% "Have to take a break because my kindle needs to charge. :("
January 1, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-reading-challenge