Calixtus Wee's Reviews > Godmode

Godmode by Quan Williams

Dec 08, 2014

Recommended to Calixtus by: Quan Williams

** spoiler alert ** I was pleasantly surprised by how excitingly written this piece of work by my friend and fellow creative, Quan Williams, is. It turned out a little less darker than I expected from the cover page, but it was no less thrilling as I had imagined. There were good moments, cleverly structured into the plot, like the meetings and encounters of real human beings still alive and joining forces with Elijah, the main character, to survive. The backstory too was skilfully written into the flow of the plot, nothing seemed forced, and Quan displayed skill as not just a writer, but as a story-teller. I can't say more than that, but as a show of how good the story really is, I was quite hooked on it, reading with interest to know what came next, even if I didn't read it all immediately. There was definitely the thrill felt, of a work that was succinctly written, allowing for a perfection unachievable otherwise. My one main gripe is with the so-called "rage" that overcomes Elijah at times. It is not his main trump, as there are occasions of such danger that he cannot possibly resort to his "Godmode" rage to win the battle for him. Like the last fight with the amalgamation. It will be cool if he could become a furious fighting machine whenever he was in battle and his life was in danger. Then again, it might not work out so well for the flow of the story; I can see instances of how that can be so. I will end this review by saying, given how cheap it is selling on smashwords, to grab yourself a copy, and like me, read it and then wait in anticipation for the second book, that must come.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Godmode.

November 24, 2014 – Started Reading