Jeff 's Reviews > The Drawing of the Three

The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King

bookshelves: buddy-reads, scifi-fantasy, cuz-mah-fah-says-so

Available: Amazing Beach Front Property!!!

Plots available for building your dream home in a lush vacation paradise.

Only 666 lots left! Little to no money down! Hurry! Act Now!!

Great ocean view!! Mountains only an hour's drive away!

Unlimited parking!

You’re a doorway away from such exotic NYC entertainment as: Naked gunfights, wheelchair obstacle course, police car races, Whack-a-gangster, Bop-a-cop, and the locally famous flaming-creep subway run.

For the sportsman: minutes from an unlimited supply of fresh jumbo lobster meat. All-you-can-catch-and-eat!! Yummy!!!

Contact Roland at Dad-A-Chuck Realtors. Tell him Odetta/Detta sent you for a free cocaine-filled balloon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Drawing of the Three.

December 8, 2014 – Shelved
February 4, 2015 – Started Reading
February 4, 2015 –
page 26
5.62% "A buddy read with those varmints Quick Draw Stepheny, Pistol Packin' Rootin' Tootin' Delee and Calamity Bev. They left me in the dust and forgot to button Grandpa's pants."
February 6, 2015 –
page 56
12.1% "Eddie Dean? What the hell just happened?"
February 9, 2015 –
page 108
23.33% "Mr. King, sir, you have my attention."
February 10, 2015 –
page 150
32.4% "I hope Eddie got his prostate checked by this guy as well. Yikes!"
February 11, 2015 –
page 186
40.17% "Naked. Gunfight."
February 18, 2015 –
page 312
67.39% "Roland, I don't think it's too late to feed both of these mooks to the lobstrosities."
February 19, 2015 –
page 370
79.91% "Oh, that kind of "pusher"."
February 20, 2015 –
page 432
93.3% "King not only meta-references a movie version of one of his movies, "The Shining" (Didn't he hate it at the time of this writing?) but also throws in Flagg from The Stand for good measure. Punk!"
March 10, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)

Stepheny And Straight Shootin' Susan! We're waaaaaaaaaaiting ever so patiently. :D

Jeff Hey, I'm still fighting off the Lobster/Crab man, Dad-a-chick?

Oh, and I found Noah, he was the Lobster/Crab man's breakfast.

Stepheny BWhahahah!

Dad-a-Chum?

Jeff Got any butter and lemon on ya, Quick Draw?

Stepheny Nar, but I do have some of that BBQ sauce fer dippin'!

Jeff Ya got an extra bib with ya?

Stepheny Fer you?

Sure thing! S'long as you stop pointin' yer guns at Pistol Packin' Delee!

Jeff Considerin' that critter just chewed off my fingers, sure.

Stepheny Quit yer whinin' ya ninny! GODS! Ya'd think ya only had the one han'!

Jeff You do realize that the more buddy reads we do and the more cross pollinating of references from other books we throw in, the more confused people are going to be.

So, ha, bring it.

Stepheny Thas the point isn't it? I'm jes so t'ard from gettin' chased by them lobstrosities!

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* Hey I've read this one but appreciate the Noah reference lol

Stepheny Ohhhh Jefffffffffffy. I've missed you. Where'd you go my friend? :D

Jeff Hey buddy,

Stepheny Jeff wrote: "Hey buddy,

Had a dose of Captain Trips; out for days. Has that mahfah Connie turned up yet?"

Oh nooooooooo. Not Captain Trips!? That's awful! Glad to hear you're on the mend.

I ain' seen tha' dirty honkey mahfah for days!

Jeff When book references collide... LOL :)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* I just feel special for knowing who you guys are talking about this time :)

Jeff Oh Erin, you should always feel special. :)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* Jeff wrote: "Oh Erin, you should always feel special. :)"

Awww. Well I've been called 'special' in certain ways before, but not sure they were always good ones lol. But yes, I'm sure there's good special in there too ;)

Stepheny Erin, you arrrrrrrrrrrrrrre special. :D And not in the "special" way but in the forspecial way. ;)

Stepheny So, Jeff, while you were in the grips of Captain Trips(ha!) did you manage to get any further with DOTT or were you too wiped out? Just wondering. :D

Jeff I'm up to Odetta/Detta, hence the honk mahfah reference.

Stepheny Jeff wrote: "I'm up to Odetta/Detta, hence the honk mahfah reference."

Ahhh, she's a peach ain't she?

Better watch yo' self 'fore she bites yo nuts off!

Jeff Unlike Granpa Joad, I'm keeping my candle buttoned up in my drawers.

Stepheny Jeff wrote: "Unlike Granpa Joad, I'm keeping my candle buttoned up in my drawers."

*spews coffee*

Thanks for that, Jeff. I needed a good coffee-spewing laugh this morning.

Jeff Bwhahahaha!! Happy to oblige, Stepheny!!!

Stepheny I'll jes be checkin' yo progress as ya goes along, honkey.

message 28: by Ɗẳɳ 2.☊ (last edited Mar 10, 2015 10:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ɗẳɳ  2.☊ Clever.

But was I the only one who found this bit confusing?:
Eddie finished his tale around four o’clock on the third day of their northward journey up the featureless beach. The beach itself never seemed to change. If a sign of progress was wanted, it could only be obtained by looking left, to the east. There the jagged peaks of the mountains had begun to soften and slump a bit.

Stepheny HA! I love this review, Honk Mah Fah!

Stepheny Dan 2.0 wrote: "Clever.

But was I the only one who found this bit confusing?:Eddie finished his tale around four o’clock on the third day of their northward journey up the featureless beach. The beach itself ne..."

Yes and no. I'm kind of geographically challenged so wouldn't have picked up on that! ha! But you also need to take into account that Roland's world is different than ours. (view spoiler) so, in THAT case East could be to the left going north I suppose.

Beverly Is there a color brochure?

Stepheny Beverly wrote: "Is there a color brochure?"

There migh' be a pitcher show!

Ɗẳɳ  2.☊ Yes, I don't want to click your spoiler Stepheny, because I've yet to finish this series, but I was wondering, if it might simply be that Roland's world is different, because he repeats this apparent mistake a few more times during the story.

Jeff Beverly wrote: "Is there a color brochure?"

Edward Lorn Jeff, I don't know you and you don't know me, but this is now my favorite review of this book.

Thanks for this. :)

Jeff Dan 2.0 wrote: "Clever.

Thank you! Not nearly as confusing as the whole of Volume one.

Jeff Edward (The Book Pusher) wrote: "Jeff, I don't know you and you don't know me, but this is now my favorite review of this book.

Thanks for this. :)"

Thank you, Mr. Pusher!! :)

Beverly Jeff wrote: "Beverly wrote: "Is there a color brochure?"

There was going to be but the lobstrosities ate the photographer that I sent out. Dad-a-chum"

Damn. I hate it when that happens. For their sake, I hope it was quick.

Beverly Stepheny wrote: "Beverly wrote: "Is there a color brochure?"

There migh' be a pitcher show!"

Sign me up!

Jeff Stepheny wrote: "Beverly wrote: "Is there a color brochure?"

There migh' be a pitcher show!"

No time for no pitcher show. I'ma learnin' to be one of them radio operators.

Stepheny Dan 2.0 wrote: "Yes, I don't want to click your spoiler Stepheny, because I've yet to finish this series, but I was wondering, if it might simply be that Roland's world is different, because he repeats this appare..."

Yeah, it's sort of a spoiler but kind of an obvious one. But, it's all good. I wouldn't click it if you haven't finished it yet. :)

Stepheny Jeff wrote: "No time for no pitcher show. I'ma learnin' to be one of them radio operators."

You bes' get them books and get yer studyin' in then! Don' you go wanderin off inter them woods or nothin'. I'm watchin' yeh, Mah Fah.

message 43: by Jeff (last edited Mar 10, 2015 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jeff Ha! Don't you set me to no giggling fit agin, Honk.

message 44: by Navessa (new)

Navessa Must. Not. Read. Jeff's. Reviews. While. Drinking. Tea.

Jeff I hope it was cold tea or at least green tea.

message 46: by Mara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mara Ok, this is when I wish people didn't abuse the LOL acronym so that I could more easily communicate that your review has me laughing maniacally in front of strangers...

message 47: by Samadrita (new)

Samadrita Best review I read all day.

Jeff Mara wrote: "Ok, this is when I wish people didn't abuse the LOL acronym so that I could more easily communicate that your review has me laughing maniacally in front of strangers..."

If it was on public transit, I hope they didn't escort you off at the next station. I'm speaking from experience.

Jeff Samadrita wrote: "Best review I read all day."

Thank you for your kind words, Samadrita! :)

Ɗẳɳ  2.☊ Aw context though...Samadrita didn't bother to mention that it was the only review she read all day.

I kid, I kid ^.^