Susan's Reviews > Safe in His Arms

Safe in His Arms by Renae Kaye

bookshelves: hurt-comfort, mm, age-gap, comfort-reads, rape-abuse, no-relationship-angst
Read 4 times. Last read May 5, 2019 to May 7, 2019.

Re-read May 2019

-----------------

Cute 19 year old twink Casey meets hairy bear Lon at the showers in the trailer park where they both live.

When Lon drags his tired butt out of the shower he gets stared at by the cutest twink he ever saw. But he is in no mood for rude stares, so he jokes that if the kid wants to stare at his dick, he better get on his knees or leave him alone.

Casey is sure he won the jackpot when the big hairy man turns out to be gay. So he gladly gets on his knees.

After the spectacular blowjob and handjob, Casey doesn't want to go back to his grandma's trailer. Lon somehow makes him feel safe, when he hasn't felt safe for years.

The two unexpectedly hit it off, and soon Casey is spending more time at Lon's trailer than at his grandmother's. But Lon is worried Casey is too young and too traumatized by a past of abuse to make healthy relationship decisions...

I really loved this. Casey was sweet and quite a happy person despite his past. And Lon was the perfect protector. I loved the hurt/comfort in this, but I also loved how Casey wasn't afraid to go after what he wanted when Lon was afraid he would hurt him.

The ending was a little rushed, but overall this was a great comfort read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Safe in His Arms.

December 8, 2014 – Shelved
December 8, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 9, 2015 – Started Reading
January 9, 2015 –
12.0% "“I mean… shit. You know? I was wondering if we could… if I could… you know? If you don’t mind…? Fuck! Can I… you know? Fuck—can I stay here again tonight?” he ended in a muttered rush before taking another deep breath and plunging into the mire again. “I mean, if you don’t mind? If you want me to… you know ? Fuck? I can if you want? I don’t mind. Just let me stay?”\n \n Casey is too cute!"
January 9, 2015 –
16.0% "“Oh, man. Don’t come, don’t come! Think of something really terrible, Casey -dude. Think of sand in horrible places, sunburn on your scrotum, athlete’s foot, giant inflated breasts, Grandma’s enema cream, choc milk left in a hot car for two days. Think bad, Casey -dude, ’cause we really want Lon to keep doing what he’s doing.”\n \n Hilarious!"
January 9, 2015 –
45.0% "“Grandma. Please. I’m not giving you details. And of course we’re having sex. We’re fully consenting adults sleeping in the same bed. What did you think we were doing? Playing canasta?”\n \n description"
January 10, 2015 – Finished Reading
November 4, 2018 – Shelved as: no-relationship-angst
November 4, 2018 – Finished Reading
May 5, 2019 – Started Reading
May 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

Elsbeth Love your bear!! Just as I would imagine him..

message 2: by SMi (last edited Aug 10, 2015 08:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

SMi Oh, that's just....no. *shudder*

Susan SMi wrote: "Oh, that just....no. *shudder*"

You don't want a bear like that? :P

message 4: by Tami (new) - added it

Tami Can I just say how disturbing that gif is?? lmao

message 5: by SMi (new) - rated it 3 stars

SMi Tami wrote: "Can I just say how disturbing that gif is?? lmao"

Thank you, yes! Lol

message 6: by Tami (new) - added it

Tami SMi wrote: "Tami wrote: "Can I just say how disturbing that gif is?? lmao"

Thank you, yes! Lol"

LOL

Susan Come on guys, that gif is so sexy. ;)

message 8: by Tami (new) - added it

Tami Susan wrote: "Come on guys, that gif is so sexy. ;)"

hahahaha sorry but I'm not sure which is creepier...the bear or the guy so together it's even worse :)

Susan Rawr, don't you love bears!

message 10: by Tami (last edited Aug 11, 2015 09:35AM) (new) - added it

Tami I love bears but you gotta admit something is a lil bit off with the bear in your gif lol. *at least to me :)*

message 11: by SMi (new) - rated it 3 stars

SMi Susan wrote: "Come on guys, that gif is so sexy. ;)"

message 12: by Tami (new) - added it

Tami SMi wrote: "Susan wrote: "Come on guys, that gif is so sexy. ;)"

No, I think he's creepy. Sure, the guy himself is good looking, but he's all pervy acting. Nope, so not sexy IMHO."

Thank you! Seems like it's only you and me :)

message 13: by Alisa (new) - added it

Alisa I'm not sure which is more disturbing...the gift or meeting in the showers at a trailer park. That just screams "stranger danger" to me.

message 14: by Tami (new) - added it

Tami Alisa wrote: "I'm not sure which is more disturbing...the gift or meeting in the showers at a trailer park. That just screams "stranger danger" to me."

LOL. Hopefully the bear in the story isn't as creepy as the gif! Susan don't kill me I'm joking *kinda* :)

Susan So glad you guys appreciate my creepy gif seeking talent.

I will try even harder next time. ;)