Jena's Reviews > Afterlife

Afterlife by Claudia Gray

Jul 20, 2010

bookshelves: favorites, favorite-boys

The final installment couldn't have ended the series better. It was a perfect ending to the star-crossed romance, the friends and family, and the story. I have loved this series since the first few pages of "Evernight" and I couldn't have asked for a better ending. :)

**If you have not read the first three, don't read below**

Afterlife starts off exactly where Hourglass left us, Bianca is a wraith and Lucas has now been turned into a vampire. Lucas has a tough time adjusting, especially since he never wanted this. They decide the best thing is to return to Evernight Academy with the whole gang: Balthazar, Vic, Ranulf, and even Patrice. While at Evernight, Bianca learns more about being a wraith, Lucas learns about being a vampire, and what they must do to be together. While fighting their own demons, Mrs. Bethany is still in the mist and no one knows where her loyalties lie.

In this final installment, all your favorite characters are back and a few news ones as well. I have loved Bianca from book one and watching her grow and change through out the series has been such a joy to read. There's also Balthazar, he's always been such a great guy and you can't help but love him and feel sorry for him. I'm so happy he's getting his own book and I can't wait to read it! Finally, Lucas. Lucas was probably one of my first fictional boyfriends that I fell in love with. I adore his golden hair and dark green eyes... it's my favorite combo. But, Lucas is so much more than that. He's a fighter, and a protector, and his love for Bianca is unlike anything.

I am so so sooo happy with how this series ended! This series has been one of my favorites and I loved every second of it. It was a perfect ending to a fantastic series. Thank you Claudia Gray! :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afterlife.

July 20, 2010 – Shelved
March 8, 2011 – Started Reading
March 8, 2011 –
page 72
20.0% "loving <3"
page 147
40.83% "Aw bumming for Bianca right now."
page 236
65.56% "oh damn! didn't see that coming..."
page 253
70.28% "that girl needs ta back offfff."
March 10, 2011 –
page 313
March 10, 2011 –
page 368
100% "Amazing<3 what a great ending <3"
March 10, 2011 – Shelved as: favorites
March 10, 2011 – Shelved as: favorite-boys
March 10, 2011 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Saniya (last edited Mar 10, 2011 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Saniya OMG! I loved ur review! I soooo want to read this book! =D And I am so gonna scream when the cover of Balthazar is going to be revealed because HE WOULD BE ON THE COVER and he is !HAWT! ^_^
I love Lucas <3 Green eyes <3

Jena Saniya wrote: "OMG! I loved ur review! I soooo want to read this book! =D And I am so gonna scream when the cover of Balthazar is going to be revealed because HE WOULD BE ON THE COVER and he is !HAWT! ^_^
I love..."

Hahah thank you :) and yes you need to read it!!! And heck yes! Can't wait to see Balthazar's cover!!!! :)