Ryley (Ryley Reads)'s Reviews > Ignite Me

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Dec 07, 2014

bookshelves: own, favourites, dystopian, read-in-2014

So good!! Such a great conclusion to an awesome trilogy! Highly recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ignite Me.

Quotes Ryley (Ryley Reads) Liked

Tahereh Mafi
“Aaron Warner Anderson, chief commander and regent of Sector 45, son of the supreme commander of The Reestablishment.

He has a soft spot for fashion.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures.
No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.”

Tahereh Mafi
“If I hear any of you talk," Winston says. "I will personally send Brendan over to kick you in the face."
"I am not going to kick anyone in the face."
"Kick yourself in the face, Brendan."
"I don't even know why we're friends.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Kenji has a hand pressed to his mouth, desperately trying to suppress a smile. He’s shaking his head, holding up a hand in apology. And then he breaks, laughing out loud, snorting as he tries to muffle the sound. “I’m sorry,” he says, pressing his lips together, shaking his head again. “This is not a funny moment. It’s not. I’m not laughing”

Tahereh Mafi
“It's not charity," I snap. "He cares about me--and I care about him!"

Warner nods, unimpressed. "You should get a dog, love. I hear they share much the same qualities.”

Tahereh Mafi
“Are you out of your goddamn mind? You think we can take on two hundred soldiers? I know I am an extremely attractive man, J, but I am not Bruce Lee.”
“Who’s Bruce Lee?”
“Who’s Bruce Lee?” Kenji asks, horrified. “Oh my God. We can’t even be friends anymore.”
“Why? Was he a friend of yours?”
“You know what,” he says, “just stop. Just—I can’t even talk to you right now.”

December 7, 2014 – Started Reading