Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ's Reviews > Seduced in the Dark

Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts

"5 Mine! stars"
description
“Mine.
The word was a declaration. It rocked him to his very foundation. It was a truth he’d kept hidden for far too long. Caleb didn’t know anything about love, or loving anyone, but he knew… Livvie was his.”
This is one of those times where I struggle to write a review to express my mountain size feelings in words. Until a few months back I was terrified of reading anything DARK even if it had HEA and now I can gladly say reading “Tears of Tess” is the best decision I’ve made. There is something about the way our emotions get all tangled up while reading Dark romance, all the emotions are heightened clouding our judgement, being furious at one time and terrified the next, it’s the only time we lose the sense of thinking and pull us into whirlwind of manipulation, fear, hatred, compassion, betrayal, honesty, cruelty, desire, vengeance, passion and unconditional LOVE-that’s what Seduced in the Dark was for me.

I’ve said it before and I don’t mind it saying it again, Caleb and Livvie’s story is ♥EPIC♥! I know that Caleb is far from being the knight in a shining armour, I hated Caleb for better part of this story, he’s a monster in disguise who kidnapped, abused and tormented Livvie in ways nobody would wish it on their worst enemy, he’s a monster a seducer your worst nightmare but knowing him, seeing the world from his eyes and feeling his emotions will tear you apart, he has come to love and care in her company, she became his strength, his light in darkness, his salvation. Being inside Caleb mind was a torture in itself, I couldn’t fathom the situation where you have to choose between the one who saved you from the long life of misery and the one who loves you irrespective of your darkness. I finally understood why he had to do the things he did, I think I could finally forgive him, “...monsters aren't born, they're made...”. Yes! I love him, I’m in love with this monster.

description

Livvie *sighs* Words fall short to describe this epitome of forgiveness, courage, love and HOPE. Her struggle to survive and to have faith in only one person to save her is the one who happens to be her abuser. When all things are said and done she can’t hate him and can never deny the fact she’s in love with her captor. And that’s the beauty of their story they grew and transformed into different individual changing each other’s life for good and their love and passion is desirable enough to make you cuddle with your kindle and read Chapter 19 over and over again *winks*
“I'm yours," she said, but then added,
"only yours. And you're mine, only mine.”
C.J Roberts is fucking genius for delivering this spellbinding tale said from Livvie’s POV entwined between past and present totally capturing your undivided attention. It was dark, gritty and in so many levels disturbing yet a story so beautiful leaving you overwhelmed with emotional. Her writing is powerful and compelling that I love her for breaking my heart, fueling my rage, questioning my sense of judgement and making me fall in love with a monster.

Buddy read with Jasmine & Kirsten♥♥

Photo courtesy: http://monal.booklikes.com/post/54362...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced in the Dark.

December 6, 2014 – Started Reading
December 8, 2014 – Finished Reading
December 9, 2014 – Shelved as: mindfuck
February 8, 2015 – Shelved as: r-i-p-ovaries
May 16, 2015 – Shelved as: ooo-a-bad-boy

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)

Anna hope you like this one better i think if i do a reread this one will be my fave cause my tastes changed quite a bit

message 2: by Stephanie* (new) - added it

Stephanie* Enjoy!! :)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Lian92 wrote: "hope you like this one better i think if i do a reread this one will be my fave cause my tastes changed quite a bit"

This one is definitely better and darker than the previous installment:)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Stephanie* wrote: "Enjoy!! :)"

Anna are you finishing ? i loved Jasmines review

Beverly Glad you loved it, too! Looking forward to your review.

Michelle Can't wait to see your review Sandy! So glad you loved this one more:-)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Lian92 wrote: "are you finishing ? i loved Jasmines review"

Oh, Yes! I loved it too, I'l post the review later:)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Michelle wrote: "Can't wait to see your review Sandy! So glad you loved this one more:-)"

Beverly wrote: "Glad you loved it, too! Looking forward to your review."

I loved it so muchh!! Review on progress:D

Jasmine Can't wait for your review sweetie!! :D ♥♥ MINNEEEEE!

message 11: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Glad you enjoyed it Sandy and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!♥

message 12: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna so glad you loved it im kind of nervius what youll think of Epilogue

message 14: by Ilze (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ilze So glad you loved it!! Can't wait for your review :)

Andrea Wonderful review, babe.<3 So happy you loved it! xo

message 16: by Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ (last edited Dec 09, 2014 07:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Jasmine wrote: "Can't wait for your review sweetie!! :D ♥♥ MINNEEEEE!"

Finally posted it:D hahaha! You know how much I loved when Caleb was outrageous and kept saying Mine! Mine! Mine! LOVED CHAPTER 19;)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Jen wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it Sandy and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!♥"

I LOVED it so much Jen! Hope this review make sense, my emotions were all over the place when I wrote it:D

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Lian92 wrote: "so glad you loved it im kind of nervius what youll think of Epilogue"

me too!! I hope it's as awesome as this one;)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️❤️ Archer Hale wrote: "Oh YAY!!
Glad you loved it Sandy!! :)
xoxoxo"

OMG Patty!!!I Freaking LOVED it!!!♥♥

message 20: by Olga (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olga Terrific review! :)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Ilze wrote: "So glad you loved it!! Can't wait for your review :)"

I'm glad too!!Took a while to write it, Hope you like my review:)

Jasmine OMG SWEETIE I LOVE YOUR REVIEW!! ♥♥♥ You captured it perfectly as well! *swoons* :D Oh yes Chapter 19 is definitely a fav!! ;D I can't wait to read Book 3 with you and Kirsten, hopefully it'll be EPIC as well!

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Andrea wrote: "Wonderful review, babe.<3 So happy you loved it! xo"

Thanks Andy babe♥!xoxo I'm happy too, I wish it never ended;)

message 24: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna fabilouse review so genuine and emotional and love the gifs

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Olga wrote: "Terrific review! :)"

Thanks Olga:D

message 26: by Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ (last edited Dec 09, 2014 07:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Jasmine wrote: "OMG SWEETIE I LOVE YOUR REVIEW!! ♥♥♥ You captured it perfectly as well! *swoons* :D Oh yes Chapter 19 is definitely a fav!! ;D I can't wait to read Book 3 with you and Kirsten, hopefully it'll be E..."

THANK YOU SO MUCH COOKIE♥♥♥ *blushes* me too!!! although I might have read a chapter or two ok! three chapters already:p Can't wait to discuss it with you, it's contagious;)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Lian92 wrote: "fabilouse review so genuine and emotional and love the gifs"

Thanks Lian:D

message 28: by Anna (last edited Dec 09, 2014 07:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Sandyღ wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "OMG SWEETIE I LOVE YOUR REVIEW!! ♥♥♥ You captured it perfectly as well! *swoons* :D Oh yes Chapter 19 is definitely a fav!! ;D I can't wait to read Book 3 with you and Kirsten, hope..."

i loved Epilogue but warning its not realy dark but i liked seeing Caleb in a different light love male pov and the sex scienes are great too

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ @Lian: Thank you for the heads up. I would love to read anything of those two, So don't worry I might end up enjoying it:)

message 30: by V (new) - rated it 5 stars

V Awesome review. So glad you liked it! :)

message 31: by April (new)

April So glad you enjoyed it!! One of my favs as well.
Wonderful review Sandy ;)

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ V wrote: "Awesome review. So glad you liked it! :)"

Thanks V:D

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, babe!Glad you loved this one!xx

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ April wrote: "So glad you enjoyed it!! One of my favs as well.
Wonderful review Sandy ;)"

Thank you April!:D I've no idea why it took me forever to read this amazing story!!

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Arianna wrote: "Awesome review, babe!Glad you loved this one!xx"

Thank you Doll!xo Me too:D

aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 - Awesome review Sandy :)

Brandi Excellent review, Sandy! So glad you enjoyed this one! :))

message 38: by Didi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Didi Fantastic review Sandy!! This was epic, Livvie and Caleb stayed with me forever! :)

Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading Stunning review, Sandy! :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Awesome review Sandy! <3 <3

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Awesome review Sandy! <3 <3"

Lily wrote: "Stunning review, Sandy! :)"

Didi wrote: "Fantastic review Sandy!! This was epic, Livvie and Caleb stayed with me forever! :)"

Brandi wrote: "Excellent review, Sandy! So glad you enjoyed this one! :))"

aksana - 4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 - wrote: "Awesome review Sandy :)"

Thank you sweethearts♥♥ this one will always be my top favorite:D

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Fantastic review Sandy! = ))

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Fantastic review Sandy! = ))"

Thanks Bee!:D

message 44: by Mysza (new)

Mysza Stunning review Sandy!

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Mysza wrote: "Stunning review Sandy!"

Thanks Mysza!:D

message 46: by Eliza (new)

Eliza Incredible review, Sandy! Yay! Poland you had a great read!xo

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Eliza wrote: "Incredible review, Sandy! Yay! Poland you had a great read!xo"

Thanks a bunch Eliza!:D xo

message 48: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Love the review, Sandy :)) I love this series!

Kirsten Gah! This wasn't on my update feed! Absolutely Amazing review Sandy! I couldn't have said it better! So glad you loved, and are now love the dark reads...they do put a different spin on the typical romance! Hope your enjoying Epilogue, I'll get there shortly! Mwah! xoxo

Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ Pam wrote: "Love the review, Sandy :)) I love this series!"

« previous 1