Angelc's Reviews > An Heiress for All Seasons

An Heiress for All Seasons by Sophie Jordan

bookshelves: already-own-read, holidays

3.5 Stars

My favorite thing about this book is that it's advertised as a Christmas novella, and it actually is very Christmas-y! All the snowy scenes are just perfect! It makes you want to snuggle up in front of the fire with a blanket and pretend you're at a holiday house party, too!

That being said, I didn't love the romance in this one. On one hand, I loved that Will was totally into Violet and let everyone know how interested he was. He didn't hide his feelings at all. It was so cute to see the meddling mamas so proud of their successful match-making. On the other hand, when Violet and Will were alone together, he came on way to strong for my liking. He was almost creepy and always seemed to be invading her space.

Another problem that I had with the story was that it was too short! I personally love novellas, especially holiday novellas, so I'm used to a shorter story and I think it can be done really well! But this story needed more time to really get to know the reasons why they loved each other. The ending was a little too abrupt, and I couldn't believe it was over already.

reviewed for http://inthehammockblog.blogspot.com

e-arc sent by publisher in exchange for honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Heiress for All Seasons.

Finished Reading