Tammy Walton Grant's Reviews > Not Quite a Husband

Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas

Jul 19, 2010

bookshelves: hr-india, hr-victorian, 2011-april, 2011-may, romance-angsty, romance-historical, tropes-second-chances
Read 2 times. Last read April 30, 2011 to May 1, 2011.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not Quite a Husband.

Finished Reading
July 19, 2010 – Shelved
April 15, 2011 –
page 129
37.83% "Oh, this book is so sad."
April 15, 2011 – Shelved as: hr-india
April 15, 2011 – Shelved as: hr-victorian
April 16, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-april
April 30, 2011 – Started Reading
May 1, 2011 –
page 165
48.39% "

"When you were eleven, why would you care what I thought of what you were going to do when you grew up?"

"I cared. And when I was twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, and maybe seventeen."

"What do you mean, exactly?"

"Nothing," he said. "Just that I have loved you, even when I was nothing and no one to you, when you didn't know my name and barely knew my face."

May 1, 2011 – Shelved as: 2011-may
May 1, 2011 – Finished Reading
September 18, 2011 – Shelved as: romance-angsty
September 18, 2011 – Shelved as: romance-historical
September 18, 2011 – Shelved as: tropes-second-chances

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I need to read this one soon. I keep planning to but putting it off. Sigh.

Tammy Walton Grant Danielle! Long time no talk -- missed seeing you here :)

This is the third book I've tried by this author. I desperately WANT to like her but haven't had much luck with her -- I've read Delicious and His at Night.

I started this book last night and it pulled me in right away -- always a good sign!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I liked His at Night. I don't think Delicious or Private Arrangments is my cup of tea.

Tammy Walton Grant That's so interesting. I didn't think much of His at Night, and parts of Delicious I really liked but on the whole her writing style throws me. I haven't read Private Arrangements yet - I'm operating on the 3-strikes rule here, I think.

Catherine You're smarter than me. I'm operating on the four strike rule, apparently. His at Night is it for me, I swear it this time!

Tammy Walton Grant Well, the 3-strike thing sounded better before I realized I hadn't read Private Arrangements, LOL. That's #4 for me. You KNOW I'm going to read it, just so I'll have read all of her books. ;)

Catherine Like two peas in a pod. ;)

Stephanie I loved this book, but didn't care much for His At Night. Curious to see what you think bout this one.

Tammy Walton Grant Hi Creeker - I am REALLY liking this -- although her style is the same as it was in Delicious (flashbacks, etc.) I find it easier to follow somehow.

Catherine - I know, right? :D

Stephanie Glad you liked it. I just loved Leo.

Tammy Walton Grant I liked him MUCH better than I liked her, Creeker, although I could understand how she got the way she was.

Juliana Philippa This is the other book (besides for Hoyt's) that I picked up from the library yesterday. The only one I've read is His at Night and I hated it, so had been wary about trying another. Glad you enjoyed it, hope I do too!

Tammy Walton Grant I didn't like His at Night, either! This one, though. Wow. It's breaking my heart.

I read it a couple of weeks ago and am re-reading it quickly now as it has to go back to the library. Thomas' writing is beautiful. But so, so sad.

message 14: by Gigi (new) - added it

Gigi Hi Tammy!! Oh wow! 5 stars! I'm going to have to make sure I read this one.