Annette Young's Reviews > Eternity's Shadow

Eternity's Shadow by Mark Whiteway

I want to be above board and say that I provided a manuscript critique on this book (and others in the series) before it was published, but even so, I really rate this book and would like to share the reasons why.

Science fiction books are not usually my preference, especially when my time is so limited, but seriously, Eternity's Shadow is fantastic. This is the 6th book in the series and it's attention grabbing and convincing right from the very first page.

The story is imaginative, it's clever, it's thorough and it's pure fantasy, but the roots are firmly based in realism, so that the reader can understand the emotions experienced and why a character acts in a certain way. This is a real adventure story, the route is paved with a multitude of obstacles to overcome and, there's an abundance of drama. It's science fiction at its peak. It's believable too. I know how hard it is to bring characters to life but this book introduces new characters with the old and they blend beautifully.

The author-Mark Whiteway has a wonderful way with words, it's beautifully descriptive throughout and yet not overly so, you do feel as if you are in the heart of the story.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and have given it a whopping five stars because I am such a fan. I am hoping that this will not be the last book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternity's Shadow.

Finished Reading