Angela ReadingCave's Reviews > Conspiracy Boy

Conspiracy Boy by Cecily White

U 50x66

** spoiler alert ** Conspiracy Boy starts off pretty much where Prophecy girl left off, Ami is still killing demons. Jackson is still running in to save the day, which makes sense they are dating and he is her bondmate. There are two difference- no bestie, and apparently she is Luc’s fledgling (Jackson’s vamp cousin). They have to go through the Immortal Sovereign Trial but before that can happen Ami must find out who sent an assassin after her. She also has to figure out how to fulfill Gabriel’s prophecy without killing Jackson. They thought that they had won that battle at the end of Prophecy Girl, but the truth is- it had just begun.

Ami is still the sassy, butt-kicking Guardian that we know and love. She has snarky down to a science, and can take on a demon with the best of them. She isn’t perfect, she gets jealous, she argues, she back talks. She is also extremely loyal, and ever hopeful. She is impulsive and reactive. I like her.

Jackson is ever the self-sacrificing Watcher. He is the logical one of their pairing, the plotter- the mastermind. Everything he does he does to protect her and their bond.

Luc gets well… more interesting in this book than in the previous one. He is still protective of his inner circle. His character develops strongly in this book, with several scenes where he dominates. I like that he is in charge of the Society. It gives him purpose, something to do, and a way to help.

The big baddie, I wasn’t expecting. I should have been but I felt blindsided. I thought it was a different person, one who actually was trying to help. That makes for a good book. One that keeps you guessing, especially one where your guess is wrong yet you are still happy.

Conspiracy Boy is a worthy follow-up to Prophecy Girl. While it didn’t wow me as much as the first one did, it kept me entertained. In the long run, that is what matters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conspiracy Boy.

December 5, 2014 – Shelved