Angela ReadingCave's Reviews > Descent

Descent by Tara A. Fuller

U 50x66

** spoiler alert ** If you want a series to end on a great note- look no farther than a Tara Fuller series! Descent starts off several weeks after the events of Blurred. It seems that everyone got their Happily Ever After-Emma and Finn, Cash and Anaya- everyone that is but Easton. What can you truly expect for a reaper who has been on the job for 400 years? Not only did Easton not get his happily ever after- now he is paying the price of his friends happiness. Yepper, he is reaping for three people now not just his zone but Finn’s and Anaya’s. This seems well a little unfair- especially since Anaya’s angel friends hate the sight of him. Which by the way isn’t very angelie if you ask me.

Easton was my favorite character in the first two books- yes, even though he was a secondary character. Easton is well… pragmatic, logical and practical. He does his job and he does it well. He follows the rules and knows he has to atone for what he did on earth. Although, once you find out why- you may be on Easton’s side. The one time he gives a heavenly soul to his apprentice Scout- he screws up. The soul ends up in Hell and it is up to Easton and the soul’s angel of joy- Gwen to save him. To do this Easton will have to fight the demons in Hell- both personal and the one’s he delivered.

Gwen as an angel of joy wants to help Easton as well as her charge. She tries to help him but he keeps pushing her away. So what is a gal to do but ask her daddy to show her the ropes of well Hell. Balthazar will only put her with the best reaper, who just happens to be Easton. For an angel, Gwen is well kinda manipulative, even if it is for the betterment of society.

Easton is only supposed to scare Gwen away from her daddy’s line of work. But Gwen has some gumption to her. Once she finds out that her charge was not taken to heaven well honey this is one angel that will move heaven and earth- even risk the depths of Hell to return him to his love.

I just love a forbidden love story- I love how Easton fights his attraction to Gwen with every fiber of his being. I love how Gwen doesn’t understand what her love for Easton means. Pretty much I love this book. Regardless of the romance they both keep their eye on the ball- retrieving the soul from Hell. Gwen’s determination and Easton’s protectiveness is a perfect combination.

The Reading Cave

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Descent.

December 5, 2014 – Shelved