Wan 's Reviews > Tapestry

Tapestry by Lynn Kurland

Jul 19, 2010

liked it
Read from December 26 to 27, 2010

Tapestry – over all this series of novellas were quite good. The first novel brought down the average for me but I enjoyed the others very much.

“To Kiss in the Shadows” was a solid 2 for me. It was the story of an outcast heiress VS. an outcast third son of a lord. The heroine was the richest heiress in King Henry’s court with pox-scarred face, tortured, and mocked by her peers. The hero was a misunderstood-to-be-the-dark-warlock squire. When she was poisoned by her jealousy peers, he nursed her back from death. Two peas in the pod, they found each other and fell in love. They appreciate each other beauties from within. This is totally cream-puff. I didn’t really feel any real emotion of any of the characters.

“An Interrupted Tapestry” is a solid 4. I love the story line, the characters, and all. There were so many emotions in this little novella and I felt the characters vividly. Desperately trying to save her brother from his own-doing disaster, Giselle had to swallow her pride and asked to borrow money from the one man she’s ever loved, Andreas. After the disappearance of her only brother, she found out he was kidnapped for ransom. Offering to sell the most beloved piece of art she thought she owned, the interrupted tapestry, she found out that the art wasn’t hers. In fact, none of the properties she thought she still owned was hers or her brothers. Her only brother had already lost all of the properties to bad-after-bad trades. The hard truth she had to face. Until, Andreas rescued her and confessed his love to her and asked her to marry him.-- This was a short, fast pace little novella that I really enjoyed.

Dragonswan, now this story was right up my alley. I love PNR and am falling in love with Sherrilyn Kenyon as well. I love everything about this novella. Anything Mythology is my weakness, hot guy with ancient tattoos, like icing on the cake. Also this story was remotely related to SK’s Dark-Hunters Series, my new found love. The hero was a dragon shape-shifter Saxon hunk, who time-traveled to the present time to steal the Dragon Tapestry, hung in the museum in Richmond, VA. The heroine was an Ancient Civilization professor at UVA who happened to be obsessed with the same tapestry and was there at the same place and time to study it. Attracted immediately to each other, they hit it off. She did the one thing she had never done, but I’m sure she glad she did, slept with him that first night they met. He intended to leave her in her own time and place. He went back to the museum and did what he planed to do, stealing the tapestry. But at the moment, the tattoo in his hand revealed that he had found his mate. Because of his race, she was the only mate he would ever have. If he didn’t claim her, he couldn’t ever have another mate. He went back to her, asked her if she would like to go home with him, she said yes without knowing where or when it was. Awaken in his arms on a horse back in the ancient Saxon era. She found the one place she belonged and what he truly was.

I read this story long time ago. It was this story that led me to buy the book. I was really into the Highlander Series. After reading the entire series, “Into the Dreaming” was okay for me. I was a good solid 3 not as great as the other. However, I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tapestry.