Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > Things Half in Shadow

Things Half in Shadow by Alan Finn

bookshelves: read-2014
Recommended for: To everyone! Just read the darn book!

Edward Clark has a secret; he was once Columbus Holmes, son of The Amazing Magellan Holmes a famous magician. But then, his father committed a crime, when Columbus was ten, so horrible that Columbus swore he never see him again. He became Edward Clark, crime reporter, and he tried his very best to leave his past behind him. But everything is about to change when he is asked to investigate mediums and cross path with the lovely, but strong-willed Mrs. Lucy Collins.

This book was fabulous, from the beginning to the end. Magicians, mediums, secret society, murders, ghosts, a hero and heroine that start out hating each other and all mixed into a riveting story. I loved every chapter of the book. The only drawback to the book? I want more, I want more Edward Clark alias Columbus Holmes, I want more Lucy Collins, and I want more stories! I didn't want this book to end. I loved the atmosphere in the book (How I love stories set in the 1900-century), I loved that P.T Barnum made a cameo appearance.

I recommend this book strongly to anyone who wants to read a great book!

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things Half in Shadow.

December 5, 2014 – Shelved
December 5, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 5, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read-netgalley-edelweiss
December 20, 2014 – Started Reading
December 20, 2014 –
26.0% "Exciting book, can hardly stop reading it!"
December 21, 2014 –
60.0% "I quite enjoy this book! :) "
December 22, 2014 – Shelved as: read-2014
December 22, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~ Im half way through this one. It is a delightful read!

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~ wrote: "Im half way through this one. It is a delightful read!"

That's wonderful! I adored the book. Review to come...;)