Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s Reviews > Snow Glass Apples: A Play For Voices

bookshelves: favorites, read-in-2014
Recommended for: Shelby

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

HOLY SHITBALLS!

This retelling of Snow White was perfection. No other description. Gaiman at a whole ‘nother level.

Growing up I wondered who the f*%# would want to be this bitch . . .

Commercial Photography

When they could be THIS instead . . .

Commercial Photography

I always wanted to hear the story from the Evil Queen’s perspective. You know the old saying, “there are three sides to every story – her side, her side and the truth????” I knew the Evil Queen couldn’t be completely at fault and 100% bad. I mean, doesn’t a little part of all of us want to kill Kristen Stewart Snow White????

Commercial Photography

Now that I’m a grown-up I realize there are others who believe the same *fist pound to my girl Shelby*

Thank you, Neil Gaiman, for giving us the true story.

EVERY DAMN STAR!

EDIT TO ADD LINKY-LINKS:
Read-y version: Read Me

Listen-y version: Hear Me

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow Glass Apples.

December 4, 2014 – Started Reading
December 4, 2014 – Shelved
December 4, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 4, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites
December 4, 2014 – Shelved as: read-in-2014
December 4, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Hells yeah!! I must have this book!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Listen to it. It's free and Bebe Neuwirth makes THE BEST queen.

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "Listen to it. It's free and Bebe Neuwirth makes THE BEST queen.

*trips over feet running*

message 4: by Mara (new)

Mara Perfect and free?!?! Mind-blown!

message 5: by Navessa (new) - added it

Navessa DO WANT!

Shelby *trains flying monkeys* I didn't get to listen to it last night because my husband was a cry baby about me being distracted. I wants..I'll try and sneak it in today at work. :P

Anne Want it!

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Click the linky link all ya'll! This was the first time I ever listened to a story instead of reading it and it was GOOOOOOOD. Bebe Neuwirth has the most wonderful speaking voice and the other characters were all good (and some soooooo creepy) as well.

Marwa The audio is perfection. Thanks for the link. x

Kelly (and the Book Boar) Marwa wrote: "The audio is perfection. Thanks for the link. x"

message 11: by Marwa (last edited Dec 05, 2014 12:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marwa Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "Marwa wrote: "The audio is perfection. Thanks for the link. x"

You're welcome and isn't it, though? Bebe Neuwirth has such a crisp, clear voice - perfect for the Queen."

YES, and I loved the background sounds. It is so fitting.

Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈ God I remember when I first saw the Snow White and the Huntsman trailer I laughed out loud when I saw Kristen would play Snow opposite Charlize Theron...I was like, Bitch, Please!