Rosa Cline's Reviews > Light The Lights! A Story About Celebrating Hanukkah And Christmas

Light The Lights! A Story About Celebrating Hanukkah And Chri... by Margaret Moorman

liked it
bookshelves: christmas, kids

This was a nice book to help children begin to understand about other holidays that their families may not celebrate. I wished, though, that it had explained a bit more about 'why' the holidays are celebrated. It starts with the little girl getting the candles out for Hanukkah and each day a different family member comes to visit. But for those of us that doesn't celebrate Hanukkah 'why' is she doing that and why is it 8 days long? After they finish with the candles they put it away and she and her family go after a Christmas tree. But I could see people who don't celebrate Christmas wondering why they would go get a tree and put it up? Overall it was a cute book and we'll probably read it again just wished it had a little more explanations in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Light The Lights! A Story About Celebrating Hanukkah And Christmas.

Started Reading