Meags's Reviews > Wake Me Up Inside

Wake Me Up Inside by Cardeno C.

4.5 Stars

An argument could be made that this story was fairly predictable, with an overabundance of sap thrown in, but I'll be damned if I didn't love every second of it.

It was romantic as hell - featuring one of the most beautifully touching mating bonds I've ever read - and it definitely provided my inner romance junky with a plethora of "awww" inducing moments, which left me all gooey inside. I'm officially book-boyfriend crushing on Zev and Jonah, that's for damn sure.

I also appreciated Cardeno's original take on shifter mythology (at least, original to me) and I can't wait to dive into the next book, with promises of more adorable shifters, dreamy vampires and another delicious mating bond. Bring it on!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake Me Up Inside.

December 3, 2014 – Shelved
December 3, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 7, 2014 – Started Reading
December 7, 2014 – Shelved as: weres-and-shifters
December 7, 2014 – Shelved as: mm
December 7, 2014 –
5.0% "Little wolf Zev meeting toddler Jonah in the park... Christ, that's cute!!"
December 7, 2014 –
25.0% "I'm swooning all over the place, people!! This whole life-long love thing is pretty epic, but I have a horrible foreboding feeling in the pit of my stomach! Someone tell me it's going to be ok!!!"
December 7, 2014 –
42.0% "Jonah, you rat bastard!! How could you?!? >:("
December 7, 2014 –
51.0% "I'm loving Zev pretty hard, y'all. Him heartbroken and crying in an alley is making me get a little teary on my comfy couch!"
December 8, 2014 –
58.0% "Please tell me Jonah is what I think he is?!? Wooooo"
December 8, 2014 – Shelved as: best-couples
March 9, 2015 – Shelved as: knot-tastic
May 6, 2015 – Shelved as: mates
October 16, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
August 10, 2019 – Shelved as: lgbt

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

* A Reader Obsessed * This was my favorite of the series! Happy you like it!!

Rosa, really Told you it all worked out. Never doubt me!

Meags R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "This was my favorite of the series! Happy you like it!!"

Mmm, like it, I mostly certainly did! I just one-clicked the crap outta book #2. Yay!

Meags Rosa, really wrote: "Told you it all worked out. Never doubt me!"

I shall never doubt you again, Rosa! I should have known better. I apologise. I got the rainbows and unicorns ending that I wanted. Woot!

message 5: by Rosa, really (last edited Dec 08, 2014 05:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rosa, really Meags wrote: "Rosa, really wrote: "Told you it all worked out. Never doubt me!"

I feel you've learned your lesson. Glad you liked it! :) The second one is my favorite.

Meags I have a feeling I will also love book two - I only gave in and decided to read the series because the premise for book two appealed to me so much. I think I'm going to go ga-ga over Miguel.