Karen's Reviews > Life, Liberty, and Pursuit

F 50x66
Jul 17, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads

I won this book off of Goodreads first reads from the wonderful author, Ms. Susan Kaye Quinn. I had some mixed feelings about this one, I liked it, but didn't love it. What I liked about the story was how it was just one of those books that leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling if you are a total romantic, like me. One of those really sweet romances that made me just want to go awwwww.

However, as I said before I liked this book, but didn't completely love it. One thing about this book that I wasn't too crazy about was how rushed some scenes seemed. They would suddenly happen, and just be completely over with, and almost make you wonder why the author even included it. Also, even though the chemistry between Eliza and David was obvious, I felt as if it was rushed into. I mean they didn't seem to know each other all that well before they started getting so serious.

All in all, I fairly enjoyed this book but it didn't leave that lasting of an impression on me. I'd give it a 3.5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life, Liberty, and Pursuit.